Sights n Sounds Post your video clips here!

Cheap way to improve audio system

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by g22cd5
lol @ this thread. There are way too many variables when it comes to this debate. One has to do w/ the quality of cd played,amps and speakers. If you go to walmart and get yourself pioneer speakers cd player ect. No your never going to tell the diff. in the sound quality b/c its junk products. Now when you get into some REAL audio quality products yes you can tell the diff. in sounds quality.
good post

old school is where its at

Old 02-13-2009, 10:46 AM

Not ALL walmart speakers are that bad.. i don't know if they were a fluke or still a stocked item, or if your walmart even has them.. but the walmarts around here had Lightning Audio for a while..

If you aren't aware, Lightning audio is a division of Rockford Fosgate.. basically a "low end" variation of Rockford, without the big Rockford name.. for the prices they asked.. they sound pretty darn good for speakers..

Now i'm not trying to get myself labeled as a walmart speaker buyer.. because trust me.. i'm far from that.. just simply saying SOMETIMES walmart has decent cheap stuff.. just gotta sift through the junk first.

Old school is definitely where it's at usually for good car audio stuff.. I've personally got a US Amps USA-100 .. and it's phenominal for being rated at 100 watts.. mine's the model before they came with built in crossovers.. hand made in florida.

Back to the original question.. Cheap improvements.. a decent set of speakers, coaxial works well if you like the stock appearance of your car inside.. and helps to brighten up the way your system sounds.. so does a good head unit.. i had my pioneer hooked up to my stock speakers.. set the high pass filter to tune out low bass frequencies that the stockers couldn't deal with effeciently... voila.. INSTANT sound improvement..

If you want to keep the factory head unit, go get some speakers that have passive crossovers built in and tweeters attached.. trying to get upper mid/high frequencies out of single cone stock speakers just doesn't work..

Old 02-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

^^^ LMAO .... I hope that you realize that RF is about the bottom of the list of mediocre audio manufacturers, so their low end brand would rank right up there with JWIN and Pyle (of carp).

That said, I have a pair of Pioneer TS-6930's from Walmart, but I got them for rear fill on the accord because they were really cheap with a friend's employee discount.

If you want quality that nobody here has, look at CDW. I plan to get some of their components for my tC.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by falkore24
Pyle (of carp).
Did you just catch a pile of carp in the Hudson over lunch?

Old 02-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by falkore24
^^^ LMAO .... I hope that you realize that RF is about the bottom of the list of mediocre audio manufacturers, so their low end brand would rank right up there with JWIN and Pyle (of carp).

That said, I have a pair of Pioneer TS-6930's from Walmart, but I got them for rear fill on the accord because they were really cheap with a friend's employee discount.

If you want quality that nobody here has, look at CDW. I plan to get some of their components for my tC.

OMG dont get me started w/ JWIN. AHHH talk about crap. a 10year old retard could make better stuff then they do

Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Newest Of Newbies

WOW are u saying rockford is crap? Maybe the rockford stuff you can get at the big box stores is... if you go to a pure audio store and get your rockford equipment its about the best and most reliable you can buy... however i speak for subs and amps... i dont really care too much about sound quality i can achieve that with some nice infinity stock replacement speakers and thats good enough for me... but with my T1 12" subs and 1500bd1 rockford amp i could blow the windows out of my car and the pictures off your walls... no offense but get a clue... rockford is the cutting edge and always has been... they just ALSO have a lower grade line that is more appealing to the everyday buyer...

Old 02-17-2009, 03:18 AM

RF is not crap...but they arent what they used to be

the 3sixty.2 and and 25 to life amps are excellent pieces of audio equipment, but everything else seems a bit generic

Old 02-17-2009, 03:20 AM

BTW...SPL can be easily achieved, SQ is where the challenge is

Old 02-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Administrator
Cool What I see Here Is This..

I have been around stereo speaker people for 30 years or so, have had many , many brands and have had good and bad ones..the best ones are always what sounds good to the beholder of the one who likes them...any other argument is but Moot..

What does WheelBrokerAng prefer...why Eclipse speakers of course...8" bases (2)..includes all eclipse amps also...see what I mean..This is what I like the most..FOR ME !

Attached Thumbnails  Cheap way to improve audio system-wheelbrokerang.jpg  
Old 02-22-2009, 08:16 PM

Lol so much knowledge and unbiased opinions in this thread. There is no way to cheaply IMPROVE the sound system. Two pairs of $60 speakers and no amp is a DOWNGRADE. There are more variables at play then what brand speaker you have.

Quick Reply: Cheap way to improve audio system