Sights n Sounds Post your video clips here!

Living in Buffalo is an Adventure

  #11  
Old 11-22-2014, 09:18 AM
live2rice's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Alaska
Posts: 8,713
Default

Originally Posted by MysticBlueEX View Post
This is tonight. The cut path really still has 5-6 inches snow on the pavement,
I expect to be able to drive again Saturday at 1pm. I parked the Honda in the garage Monday at 730pm. Six days at home with a driving ban.
Yes this is the worst snowstorm in anybody's book by the way, We even have Colorado and Truckee California beat this time for most snow in 24 hrs,
I would take he snow over living in the south anyday. You just let me know when you want to trade.

Although I'm not a big New York fan
 
  #12  
Old 11-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Almost A Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orchard Park NY USA
Posts: 262
Default

Originally Posted by live2rice View Post
I would take the snow over living in the south anyday. You just let me know when you want to trade.
Although I'm not a big New York fan
live2rice, you might like Western NY. It's more like PA, or Ohio, rather than NYC, or downstate. The folks here are more a mix of "Country" than "Urban". People are friendly, hard working, and don't seem to hold any grudges. It's a lot slower. Sandwiched between Lake Erie and Ontario, you have to want to come here, unless you are on your way to Toronto. Not a lot of people who are "just passing through".

I stayed in Memphis for a while, a few of years ago, no offense, but I like it here.
 
  #13  
Old 11-23-2014, 06:11 AM
poorman212's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Youngsville, NC
Posts: 11,818
Default

Originally Posted by MysticBlueEX View Post
I stayed in Memphis for a while, a few of years ago, no offense, but I like it here.
What part of Memphis? I lived there for a good bit, ~25 years.
 
  #14  
Old 11-23-2014, 03:52 PM
WheelBrokerAng's Avatar
Administrator
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canton/Massillon, Ohio 44646
Posts: 30,431
Talking

Originally Posted by live2rice View Post
I would take he snow over living in the south anyday. You just let me know when you want to trade.

Although I'm not a big New York fan

I remember these days when I was a kid back in South Chicago..we seemed to always have snow that was deep.. Good picture..
 
Attached Thumbnails Living in Buffalo is an Adventure-christmas-animated-snow.jpg  
  #15  
Old 11-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orchard Park NY USA
Posts: 262
Default

Originally Posted by poorman212 View Post
What part of Memphis? I lived there for a good bit, ~25 years.
Bartlett TN.

But my family and roots are here in WNY.
 
  #16  
Old 11-27-2014, 09:33 AM
live2rice's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Alaska
Posts: 8,713
Default

Originally Posted by MysticBlueEX View Post
live2rice, you might like Western NY. It's more like PA, or Ohio, rather than NYC, or downstate. The folks here are more a mix of "Country" than "Urban". People are friendly, hard working, and don't seem to hold any grudges. It's a lot slower. Sandwiched between Lake Erie and Ontario, you have to want to come here, unless you are on your way to Toronto. Not a lot of people who are "just passing through".

I stayed in Memphis for a while, a few of years ago, no offense, but I like it here.
My wife is from the Saratoga area, it's not bad. I just enjoy firearms and could never live in a ban state.

Nyc on the other hand..... Only been there once or twice and don't care to go back.
 
  #17  
Old 11-27-2014, 10:11 AM
poorman212's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Youngsville, NC
Posts: 11,818
Default

Originally Posted by MysticBlueEX View Post
Bartlett TN.
Yea, know that area well. As I said I lived there a long time, I remember when Germantown Rd was a small two lane road and didn't even have a ramp to get onto I-40
 
  #18  
Old 11-27-2014, 11:33 AM
woody31's Avatar
Almost A Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 303
Default

There is no way Id live there, Lived in Germantown also, memphis, nashville, ft knox, philly, and been to new york twice, last time in new york, never got out of the cab.

If the taxes and gun laws didnt convince me, the weather would, Good luck and be safe.
 
  #19  
Old 11-28-2014, 07:26 AM
Almost A Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orchard Park NY USA
Posts: 262
Default

Originally Posted by woody31 View Post
There is no way Id live there, Lived in Germantown also, memphis, nashville, ft knox, philly, and been to new york twice, last time in new york, never got out of the cab.

If the taxes and gun laws didnt convince me, the weather would, Good luck and be safe.
Woody, a couple of things,

Buffalo NY area is not anywhere near NYC, at least a 400 mile drive. So we are more like any small city. We don't need to defend the Canadian border like you need to defend the Mexican border. The Canadians come here to drop off money shopping because their sales tax is 13%. Not very many poor people running across the border.

Handgun permits can take 18 months, and not many are allowed to open carry. They really want to crack down on the straw buyers.
 
  #20  
Old 11-29-2014, 09:14 AM
shipo's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Posts: 2,444
Default

Back online from New Hampshire (where there is a gun shop or gun smith on every other corner)...

After two full days with no power and nearly three days with no internet access, I'm finally warm, back online, and with a warm meal in my belly.

Here's what it looked like Thursday morning out my back window:
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Living in Buffalo is an Adventure


Advertising

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.