Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

94 CD5 Suspension Upgrade Reccomendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 01:08 AM
Default 94 CD5 Suspension Upgrade Reccomendations

Hi everyone! New to the forums here and was looking for some recommendations on lowering and stiffening my 94 CD5. It's had a very long life being originally sold in Ithaca, NY in 94 and eventually made it's way across the US to San Fran and so forth. Long story short I'm the fifth owner of my fifth gen accord. Not mad.. Anyways. She's gotten a ton of miles racked on the chassis. The motor has been swapped with a low mileage F20B and 5MT swapped from an automatic at the same time in it's life time but it's running the same running gear from 94 and I'd like to go through with a revamp but not completely wallet crushing if possible. Every bushing, ball joint, mount is toast. (Obviously). I already have plans on making it show worthy, not sema show worthy but atleast something worth looking at. I need opinions on good brands for LCA, UCA, Prefer full coilover/coilover sleeve/ lowering springs and if so what brand would you recommend? Thank you for browsing!

Old 08-09-2018, 12:16 PM

As far as bushings go, Prothane makes a polyurethane master kit for accords. The most durable, best performing, and amazingly one of the lowest priced sets of coilovers are made by Tein. They have 3 stages for Accords, from DD to sport to race/drift. For LCA's, UCA's, ball joints and tie rod ends, get Sankei 555 only. They are the OEM supplier and cheaper than from the factory (Honda branded.) The aftermarket makers of those two parts (ball joints and tie rods) wear way to fast and can damage the knuckle. Just remove the rubber bushings and press the polys (or have a shop do it if you don't have a press) onto the new ball joints and other control arm bushings if so inclined. A strut tower bar (any brand works as long as it fits) and sway bars help round out stiffening the suspension and chassis. ST Suspensions makes a nice set of sway bars for your model year. Don't forget the end links by Prothane or Energy suspension. Upgrading motor mounts is a great final step. Hasport Performance makes a good set.

Last edited by JennyBear5150; 08-09-2018 at 12:18 PM.