Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

adj coil overs or lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 07:02 PM
jhungalmunkee
Unregistered
Default adj coil overs or lowering springs

would it be better to go with adj coil overs, or lowering springs if i still want to keep a smooth ride? well as much of one as possible

Old 02-02-2006, 05:25 AM
Default RE: adj coil overs or lowering springs

i don't know much about coil overs but i would suggest going for the springs and schock combo. what you can also do is get adjustible shocks so this way you can set the ride to be as soft as possible or as rough as possible for better performance or for comfort needs.
with coil overs, although you can adjust the height, it's very difficult to do it yourself and often whe you don't have anough knowledge or right tools, you can mess up the compression rate and pretty much have different compression on every coilover. unless you have time and money to go down to the shop and get it adjust it all the time when you feel you want to take turns better or for whatever reason.
on top a good coilover kit would run you close to a grand, while adjustible shocks and springs would run you a little close to 700. (unless you go for regular non-adjustible shocks and springs and that will run you about 5 bills)

Old 02-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Side note to what emex said, there is no such thing as a smooth ride over potholes and bumps when you have a modified suppension. Unless you get one that basically raises the car because of the the spring and shock size. But raising the car gives you positive camber...... which is very very bad. and..... i dont think there is a setup that even does that lol

Old 02-07-2006, 08:53 PM
jhungalmunkee
Unregistered

ive got the coil overs and what i planned to do was get it at the height my girl (they are going on my girls car)was happy with and leave it at that height.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

full adj suspension is the best. thats a great idea too. just install it, set it at the hight you want it and have it corner weighted, then just leave it alone.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:19 PM

any recommendations for suspension on a 90 accord ?

Old 04-30-2012, 12:36 AM
Administrator

There's lowering springs and then there's Coil-Over kits...Look them both up in the search function up above..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 05-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default coilovers vs lowering springs

I'm in the process of making this decision myself ... the Function Form Type 1 kits seem like a really nice package, and probably cheaper than buying springs and shocks separately (not to mention the assembly hassle).

My question is -- can coilovers provide as good a quality ride as full springs when you are looking for a touring class suspension feel? Seems like the coilover springs, being shorter, will always produce a stiffer/bouncier ride.