Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Coil-Overs vs. Shocks&Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Default Coil-Overs vs. Shocks&Springs

i was just confirming that if you get coilovers then you do not need to get aftermarket shocks, too. but if you get springs alone, then you need aftermarket shocks. right or wrong?

Old 09-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Default RE: Coil-Overs vs. Shocks&Springs

ORIGINAL: accords own

i was just confirming that if you get coilovers then you do not need to get aftermarket shocks, too. but if you get springs alone, then you need aftermarket shocks. right or wrong?
man just wait till im online and ask me this stuff. the full name brand coilovers do not separate shocks. its part of the package.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:59 PM

ok, thats what i thought. just confirming man cuz i was totally wrong about the exhaust in that other topic. but yeah, next time i will wait until your online, lol.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:04 AM

Yep. But my coilovers are not true coilovers since they didnt come with shocks to begin with. But I have to admit, I'm happey with my setup, but not happy with the huge chunk it left in my pocket.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: stevent

Yep. But my coilovers are not true coilovers since they didnt come with shocks to begin with. But I have to admit, I'm happey with my setup, but not happy with the huge chunk it left in my pocket.
well coilovers are height adjustable, your koni yellows are not, therefore not a coilover at all.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The ground control kit IS a set of height adjustable Eibach coilover springs ..... Ground Control only makes the perch. The Koni's are the shocks & struts. Koni makes models for the stock ride height as well as for lowering and coilovers. Stevent's setup is very similar to my Tein SS kit which, by your definition is a coilover. To be technical, the Koni is a shock, not a coilover by itself.

I almost bought that setup.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

The ground control kit IS a set of height adjustable Eibach coilover springs ..... Ground Control only makes the perch. The Koni's are the shocks & struts. Koni makes models for the stock ride height as well as for lowering and coilovers. Stevent's setup is very similar to my Tein SS kit which, by your definition is a coilover. To be technical, the Koni is a shock, not a coilover by itself.

I almost bought that setup.
technically, our cars use shocks, but the names are used interchangeably. right koni does make coilovers, aka the spring and damper sold as one assembly and are height adjustable. hes got Koni yellows in his sig and was reffering to them, which are just the shock. *edit* i just looked at his sig further and it says GC coilovers AND koni yellows? this is contradictory impling he has an adjustable height shock with spring assembly...and another shock.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:44 AM

Do they make a full package? I didn't think that they got involved with the springs at all.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

Do they make a full package? I didn't think that they got involved with the springs at all.
yeah i just googled it http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...sub_category=1

not for our cars tho.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:55 AM

That looks like a sweet setup! Too bad they don't make it for our cars or I might have it!!!

Quick Reply: Coil-Overs vs. Shocks&Springs