Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Coil-Overs vs. Shocks&Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Coil-Overs vs. Shocks&Springs

Don't the yellows have an adjustable perch for corner weight balancing? It's a stretch, but that makes them a little adjustable .... like an inch.

LMAO @ Ground Control Sleeves!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:35 PM

yes, that is what I call them. Laugh at what you will.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:57 AM

Not that I'm any expert, but I've seen this terminology used;

Full coilovers, and Coilover sleeves.

Before finding AMR Engineering, I had settled on Bilstein shocks, and H & R springs. But I wanted the height adjustment for winter. So rather than going w/ coilover sleeves, I thought it made sense to get the full coiloverunit that has a shock and spring rate designed for my intended use. The AMR's are awesome.

By the time I spent the cash on Bilsteins and H & R's it was about the same total anyway.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:42 PM

Bilstein with H&R springs is exactly the setup that I want but not the cash that I want to spend. I agree with the terminology thing too... a "true" coilover setup is a threaded shock not just a sleeve

Old 09-29-2007, 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

Bilstein with H&R springs is exactly the setup that I want but not the cash that I want to spend. I agree with the terminology thing too... a "true" coilover setup is a threaded shock not just a sleeve
commonly called a "sleeve over" they offer no real dampening attribute. true coilovers do and full coilovers include a matching linear spring.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:35 PM

I went for the inbewtween solution to the problem. I got skunk2 street coilovers which are just the spring and adjuster and a couple other parts and theyre great. Dropped mine almost 3 inches, I can adjust them and it handles freakin amazing. But they aren't full coilovers and theyll need shocks soon cuz I dont wanna bottom out. Youre choice though.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:55 PM

so you just got the sleeves. yeah, i am goin with full coilovers. btw, i never heard of a three inch drop on an accord without aftermarket shocks. you better get those shocks soon, or...you know what will happen.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:09 AM

yeah, get those shocks asap
i had my accord that low, maybe lower, it was slammed but i have the full coilover setup

Old 10-28-2007, 09:02 PM

yea its pretty low and they aren't even all the way down but i think im just gonna raise them some cuz ive bottomed out like 3 times already not bad but I hate it and I go over speed bumps twice a day due to my gay high school. Anybody have suggestions for good shocks though.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:04 PM

koni yellows

Quick Reply: Coil-Overs vs. Shocks&Springs