Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Camber kit install ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Default Camber kit install ?

So i put the K-sports on a few weeks back and still wanna drop the back end some.. so while im putting on the camber kit i figured i would put it down a tad more .. here is what i got. (PIC)so is there any easier way of adjusting other than taken the bolt out and twisting the whole sleeve? I have come to the conclusion that that is a NO and the bolt will have to come out ( the frnt was less complicated than that).. my other question is the instructions that came with the camber kit say not to tighen the inner mounting bolt until the car is on the ground? Cant i just make the new the same length as the old and tighten it down the same, then let them adjust as needed at the shop when i get her aligned?--
Also...is the silver thred which is visible on the coilover( for lack of my knowledge of its name).. does that correspond with length.. what i mean is if i wanna drop it say 1 inch... could i measure 1 inch of the "thred" and thats how much it would drop? i donno if i am making much sense here.. if anyone could shed any light on any of the questions.. that would be great! thanks-- my car is up on jack stands until i get this done

[IMG]local://upfiles/7897/1BA4EFE1A8B04616A3FA78FAEBE2ECCE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Default RE: Camber kit install ?

ORIGINAL: vtecHef

So i put the K-sports on a few weeks back and still wanna drop the back end some.. so while im putting on the camber kit i figured i would put it down a tad more .. here is what i got. (PIC)so is there any easier way of adjusting other than taken the bolt out and twisting the whole sleeve? I have come to the conclusion that that is a NO and the bolt will have to come out ( the frnt was less complicated than that).. my other question is the instructions that came with the camber kit say not to tighen the inner mounting bolt until the car is on the ground? Cant i just make the new the same length as the old and tighten it down the same, then let them adjust as needed at the shop when i get her aligned?--
Also...is the silver thred which is visible on the coilover( for lack of my knowledge of its name).. does that correspond with length.. what i mean is if i wanna drop it say 1 inch... could i measure 1 inch of the "thred" and thats how much it would drop? i donno if i am making much sense here.. if anyone could shed any light on any of the questions.. that would be great! thanks-- my car is up on jack stands until i get this done

[IMG]local://upfiles/7897/1BA4EFE1A8B04616A3FA78FAEBE2ECCE.jpg[/IMG]
-Yes you must take out the bottom bolt to screw the whole sleeve in order to adjust height

-Yes you can just guesstimate where to set the camber arms and let the alignment shop set them. Just dont ride around too long with bad camber because itll wear your tires unevenly.

-Yeh, dont twist the threaded part, twist the bottom(orange) sleeve to the left. If you just loosen that orange nut that locks it in, then twist the sleeve down, you can measure 1" down from the nut to the sleeve and it will let you know youve dropped it an inch... Understand?

Old 05-01-2008, 10:40 PM

You're right about having to remove the bottom bolt and turning the body/sleeve to adjust height. Once you have the ring/nut loose, move that to where you want it (measuring from the spring perch down) and then turn the body/sleeve to where you want it. If you have one inch less threads showing, the car will drop another inch. Be sure to tighten that ring/nut down. I mistakenly thought the weight of the car would put enough pressure on it to keep it in place, but it didn't. After going through the winter, and now lowering the car again, the threaded body didn't want to turn seperately from the sleeve. The whole thing wanted to turn inside the spring perch, which isn't a good way to adjust it either.

Can't tell you about camber kits...

Old 05-02-2008, 01:33 PM

Thanks J-man... made sense !!! And good advise Peter! Thanks guys