Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

inherited a 93 ex, now some ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:51 PM
93accord93
Unregistered
Default inherited a 93 ex, now some ?'s

hello all, i recently inherited a 93 accord 4dr from my wife after buying her a new car, well i have some issues i need to fix and i need some help diagnosing the problem. The first and most annoying problem is the "clank clank", metal sound coming from the front suspension. I saw a tsb for the noise, but it says nothing about what the actual issue is. any ideas?

the next problem, i have replaced the wires, plugs, cap, rotor, and installed a homemade grounding kit. i have done a compression test and all four cylinders where within 20psi. i consider this good since it has 210k miles. for some reason though, i still get a miss at idle. its almost justa vibration, but seems like a random miss on top of the vibrations. im leaning towards timing belt/balance shaft belt, but i was wondering if you all could lend some insight.

thanks, and sorry for the long post.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Administrator
Default RE: inherited a 93 ex, now some ?'s

Hi Josh: I Pm'd you about those coil-overs you wanted to buy from me...take a look at the address you sent to me on the request..
Thank You for your buying interest...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/A68EDCAD93F74A30BE587B39D9C2C938.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: 93accord93

hello all, i recently inherited a 93 accord 4dr from my wife after buying her a new car, well i have some issues i need to fix and i need some help diagnosing the problem. The first and most annoying problem is the "clank clank", metal sound coming from the front suspension. I saw a tsb for the noise, but it says nothing about what the actual issue is. any ideas?

the next problem, i have replaced the wires, plugs, cap, rotor, and installed a homemade grounding kit. i have done a compression test and all four cylinders where within 20psi. i consider this good since it has 210k miles. for some reason though, i still get a miss at idle. its almost justa vibration, but seems like a random miss on top of the vibrations. im leaning towards timing belt/balance shaft belt, but i was wondering if you all could lend some insight.

thanks, and sorry for the long post.
Could be numerous things in the suspension, tie rods, radius rods, spring off its perch, or more commonly, the endlinks on the sway bar have come loose. As for the misfire, perhaps the coil is going bad. That caused some problems for me last summer.

Oh and if you're gonna replace the springs on the car w/ coilovers or a lowering spring, get something better than that junk up there.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Given the cost of those coilovers I'd say they're decent.... they aren't top of the line or super high quality or anything but you do get what you pay for so for the price they're worth the money but don't expect to buy them go out for a great high performance run on a track.... if you just want the car to look nice then I'd buy them...

As for the miss like BlkCurrantKord said it could be a number of things... Make sure that you have NGK plugs in there and not Bosch(which are known for taking out your coil....), as for the timing belt, if it hasn't been done in the last 100,000 miles change it regardless of whether or not that's your problem...