Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Moog replacement parts (reliability)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 03:17 PM
Default Moog replacement parts (reliability)

I have a clunk in the front end and found the problem to be the upper control arm bushing on the right side. I'm thinking about replacing the entire control arm with the MOOG control arm assembly which includes the ball joint and bushings. Has anyone used MOOG products and are they reliable? Assy. Part number RK620285

Old 11-24-2017, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

I have used moog parts for years. They are one of my favorite aftermarket parts companies, never had an issue with their parts.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:39 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I've ordered the part, scheduled to arrive Tuesday. I'll let you know if it solves the problem. Had a hard time finding the noise, everything felt tight, finally hit the tire with a mallet and saw the movement in the bushing.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:15 PM

Received the control arm yesterday, installed it today. The noise has gone away. I found that the easiest way to R/R upper control arm is to take out the bolt on the lower wishbone, holding the bottom of the strut and remove the top bolts on the strut. Drop it down and it gives you the space you need to replace the control arm. I attempted to remove the arm without removing the strut and got the gear wrench on the top two bolts bound up on the coil spring. IMO, if you do the job, it's much simpler to just drop the strut.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Jet sitter
Received the control arm yesterday, installed it today. The noise has gone away. I found that the easiest way to R/R upper control arm is to take out the bolt on the lower wishbone, holding the bottom of the strut and remove the top bolts on the strut. Drop it down and it gives you the space you need to replace the control arm. I attempted to remove the arm without removing the strut and got the gear wrench on the top two bolts bound up on the coil spring. IMO, if you do the job, it's much simpler to just drop the strut.
That's how I did mine on my 99Accord. I was already partway in there doing hub bearings, so it was not that much more work to drop the strut out and swap the upper control arm.