Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Need camber confirment.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:50 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Question Need camber confirment.

I think I asked this before but just wanted to double check b/c I have read a few different things lately.

I am getting Ground Controls w/ KYB AGX shocks. I already have the Ingalls Balljoint camber kit w/ the adjustable degrees to -1.5 - +1.5 Should the camber kit be sufficient for a 2 inch drop?

Also, anyone know the avg. cost of getting above installed + a rear camber kit at a place like Midas + and alignment? They won't tell me until I show them the parts which I dont have all of them yet.

Thanks

Old 01-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Midas, Monroe and say Mieneke usually charge about $50 per wheel in my area..and
thats just for the labor...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 02-01-2009, 12:39 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thanks Ang. I was guessing around $200 for installation then $100ish more for an alignment. I will be bringing in all the parts.

I know you deal w/ wheels and DropZone suspension, so do you think the Ingalls camber kit I bought should be able to correct the camber from lowering? I read that every inch you lower your car you increase the - camber by .75 degrees. Assuming this is correct I should be fine.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Administrator
Wink Ingalls Camber Kits

They are a good and well know brand of kit..Ive been using them since about 1996 and have never had any issues with customers haveing a problem...nor have I had a problem with them either...

Angelo...

Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by 19Accord97
I think I asked this before but just wanted to double check b/c I have read a few different things lately.

I am getting Ground Controls w/ KYB AGX shocks. I already have the Ingalls Balljoint camber kit w/ the adjustable degrees to -1.5 - +1.5 Should the camber kit be sufficient for a 2 inch drop?

Also, anyone know the avg. cost of getting above installed + a rear camber kit at a place like Midas + and alignment? They won't tell me until I show them the parts which I dont have all of them yet.

Thanks
It will be about a 2-3 hour job for them, so $200 is a conservative guess. The 4-wheel alignment should not cost more than $80.

You may end up wanting more than a 2 inch drop with your coil sleeves, so that camber kit may only do you good for a while until you want to go lower, and you will. You will only need rear camber as well, so I hope you didnt spend money on the front.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

NTB out here in Texas will do a 6mo "contract" for $90 and align unlimited during the contract.. i think for $120 they'll do a year? it's been a while but i remember paying $90/6mo

Old 02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

lol
I already bought the Ingalls Balljoint camber kit for the front! When I decided to do the suspension I already had them figured in and if I needed them I didn't want to pay to have them installed later w/ another alignment. Once I actually get my suspension here as the shipping is taking forever, I have to save for the Wicked Tuning rear kit and i'll be good to go.

As far as 2' I think it will be plenty for me. IL is doing road construction ALL the time (ask anyone who has every passed through), plus @ my college and friends house they have massive speed bumps that I cant go sideways on and I would could stuck on them. I actually am afraid I will get stuck and tetor toter on them now, b/c if I accelerate somewhat fast (you stop right @ the speed bump for peds) my exhaust scrapes. So i'll be testing that out when no one is there.
What do you think the installation would be finch?