Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Default RE: suspension help

If you're looking for a rear sway bar, go with aftermarket instead of getting the oem tl. The progress sway bar on ebay is 24 mm and I have heard great reviews from it. The 04 TL application of the progress sway bar fits onto the 6th gen but not sure of other models.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I have Comptech anti-sway's and I love them. I'd have to disagree about finding larger aftermarket bars meant for other model cars. While this method is ok in compairing cheepie parts, the better aftermarket parts are tested for the specific model. I don't think that if my sway-bars were tighter or stffer, I'd get better handling from them. If you make things too tight, your car slides because it's as if there were no suspension, just solid linkages. I've tested this with making my dampers too tight to see what happens. Different application, but the same principle. From my research, I think Comptech makes many of the best parts for our cars. If bigger were always better, 50mm bars would be stock!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:34 PM

^ the TL and the Accord have similar chassis. So anything that was tested and fitted into a TL, can be done the same to the Accord with minor to no modification, but I understand what you're getting at. The reason why bigger sway bars is better for the accord is because we have too much understeer that it kind of becomes dangerous when driving on the freeway in the winter. But bigger is not always better like you said, with a bigger sway bar you run the risk of oversteering.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:37 PM

So if I wanted to use a tl, would I have to use the same year sway bar and brackets as my accord? Is this a hard diy?

Old 09-25-2007, 09:22 PM

Well yes and no. Yes, you can use parts off the TL or CL that corresponds to the year of your car, but no you dont have to find the exact year. Some 04 TL parts fit on the 6th gen too.
The diy isnt hard, but removing the bolts are a pita.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:27 PM

Got it. So either 99 or 04 parts for my car from tl or cl. Do I just need the sway bar and the brackets? Anything else needed?

Old 09-25-2007, 09:42 PM

are you getting the oem TL sway bar? If you, then you need to get bushings and maybe brackets. If you're getting aftermarket ones, then more than likely they should include everything in it for you.
A majority of the parts from the 2000-2003 TL/CL will fit the 6th gens as well as aftermarket items. The only thing I know will fit for current model TL that will fit our car is the sway bar.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:45 PM

bushings.

stevent: I've also heard good things about progress. I'm not sure about the material differences or hollow/solid either, but I'm happy with my Comptech's.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:50 PM

Comptech is definitely a plus. They have very good quality stuff. But when I do get a way bar, I'll go with progress since I have heard from other people who have gotten it installed seems really pleased with the results.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 PM

I'm surprised that you don'talready have the anti-sway bars with the Eibach/Koni combo. I almost bought that setup, but I figured that I'd be better off with a matched and tested set. I got the sway-bars first because as far as suspension goes, they're the best bang for your buck.

Swaybars installed ~$400

Suspension+camber kit+alignment ~$1600

Quick Reply: suspension help