Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

suspension help

Old 09-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Default RE: suspension help

WTF they charged you 400 just to install the sway bar? You got ripped off.
Installation should not cost that much, more around a 100 bucks or so. But maybe it's because of where we're located.
My set up G/C slevees + Koni yellows + installation = less than 1k or roughly around $999 haha

But yea, Im suprised I havent gotten myself a sway bar also. I should get one soon.
But camber kits are not really necessary. Just get a lifetime alignment which costs about 135-150.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:13 AM

Ok just to clarify...i'm a bit confused...if I go oem tl/cl it should be 2000-2003 part and I should get the oem tl/cl brackets and bushings? Any idea about how much this might cost for that? And falkore24 about how much did you pay for your comptech rear sway bar and did it come with brackets and bushings?

Sorry for all the q's, I'm just trying to understand exactly what I need. Thanks for being patient and helping out.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:47 AM

stevent: i believe falkore24 meant he paid $400 for the actual sway-bars w/ installation, not installation alone. also, i thought you still need camber even if you get lifetime alignment, cuz alignment doesnt fix the fact that your wheels go like this /...\ when you drop your car. you still need the camber to make your wheels like this l...l again...right?

Old 09-26-2007, 12:52 AM

not necessarily, the alignment corrects the camber, but without a camber kit, the problem will not go away. With a camber kit, you dont have to worry about getting an alignment any time soon. But with a lifetime alignment, you can get by without a camber kit.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:00 AM

ORIGINAL: ckebottle

Ok just to clarify...i'm a bit confused...if I go oem tl/cl it should be 2000-2003 part and I should get the oem tl/cl brackets and bushings? Any idea about how much this might cost for that? And falkore24 about how much did you pay for your comptech rear sway bar and did it come with brackets and bushings?

Sorry for all the q's, I'm just trying to understand exactly what I need. Thanks for being patient and helping out.
If you're going oem, then get the sway bar from the 2000-2003 tl/cl and you need new bushings as well. I'm not sure on the bracket yet, but I'll find out and let you know. The TL sway bar is about 128 and installation should cost no more than 100 bucks. The price vaires depending on what bushings you get.

I just found out that you do need new brackets (that corresponds to the sway bar), bushings, and bolts. Some people have said that they got everything from the dealership for around 50 bucks so you should go check that out.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:19 AM

DIY is usually free well maybe a 6 pack for a friend who helps out. Are you gonna DIY it?

oops I forgot...so if bar is oem then bracket is oem...then bushings are....suppose to be........oem?....aftermarket? i'm confusion =/

Old 09-26-2007, 01:27 AM

yea, most likely I'll do it myself with a bottle of wd-40 by my side.

But with bushings, you have a choice of aftermarket or oem.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:12 AM

Thanks so much dude! Maybe a can of pb blaster too? Are you in stockton? I'm in Modesto.

Keep me updated on what parts you use and how install goes.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

$400 was for the bars and installation. If you're going to install an OEM bar, I'd recommend poly aftermarket bushings. If the car is dropped more than an inch, the car cannot BE aligned and a kit is required for the alignment to be done.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:16 PM

At local acura dealer for a 2004 tl:

swaybar

brackets
2.18 each

bushings
2.89 each

Seems pretty reasonable. Anyone know anywhere cheaper?

New bolts are needed or can existing bolts be used?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: suspension help