Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

tokico blues with springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:50 AM
Default tokico blues with springs

Hey all, I am currently rolling with FAKE Tein S. Tech Springs. Ordered them online, got them, thought that a Tein Sticker on the spring was a little odd, went to Tein's website. Sure enough! FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!!! Then couldn't get a hold of the company! Imagine that... anyways, my springs are settled to the point that my front tires are tucked into my fender wells, you can't fit your fingers inbetween the tire and the fender, I don't rub THANK GOD!!! Anyways, I scrape EVERYWHERE!!!! What was supposed to be an 1 1/2" drop is a 3 1/4" drop roughly. And its not even all the way around! Oy, I am seriously dissapointed with society.

I was thinking about going with Tokico blues, with matching springs. They are supposed to be an 1 1/4 drop and as of now that works for me, i can go up a size in sidewall to get a little nicer ride, and it will be nice not to scrape on EVERYTHING! These are the ones that I was looking at currently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKIC...spagenameZWDVW

I know I can get illumina's with springs for about $500 but I'm not worried about having adjustability on my shocks, I don't do track or anything so it would just be superflous to my needs.

What's the word on Tokico's?

Old 03-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Default RE: tokico blues with springs

I had the Tokiko blues on my '95 since 2000 and they are still going strong! About 50k mi and no problems! I never used those springs though... I started with some H&R race springs, but the ride was too stiff for DD. I put some Skunk2 coilover sleeves over the blues and it worked out great!

With both different springs, they worked great. No bouncing, nice firm ride, never blew out, and I have hit some monster holes and bridge gaps goin way too fast! Killed a tire, but not the shock one time!!the impact from that oneeven bent the top area where the shock mounts and I just got it re-aligned! Couldn't kill the blues if I tried.

Have you been riding on the fake-techs with the stock shocks? If so, have your stocks blown? cuz I have some legit s-techs and want to put them on with the stock shocks (on my 07) but wonder if I shouldn't just wait till I can get some shocks too...

Anyways, I would definately buy the blues again! I don't think they make them for my 07 sedan, but I would get em if they did and I was going to replace my shocks. Hope that helps

Old 03-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Default RE: tokico blues with springs

Haven't had any shocks blow out and I'm still on stocks with NO IDEA how long they've been on there, I was going to be putting some new ones on but with the realization of the fake s. techs, i'm not going to until I get new springs. I've seen and ridden in cars with the tein s. techs (real ones) and I liked the stance AND the ride, very little to no bounce and not too stiff at all. Very decent.