Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

A little help....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Danelly07
Unregistered
Default A little help....

So the weather was really crappy yesterday, and my 2006 Honda Accord decided to slide out on me....So I hit a curb pretty bad, and now my wheel is pushed inward about a good 1in-2ins.... I decided not to put a claim with the insurance, for something I think is pretty dumb....So I was just wondering what you guys might think it is, and what am I looking to pay for this crap ... My poor car. My alignment is definitely all screwed up, but drivable at a very low speed. It also sounds as if something is rubbin on something... Help [&o]

06 Honda Accord 4dr 6cyl

Thanks!

Old 01-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: A little help....

Can you do the work yourself?

Which wheel slid into the curb?

I slid into a curb a few years back and was quoted ~$700 parts and labor to fix it, ended up doing it myself with about ~$175 in parts, but thenagain my wheel wasnt pushed in, just pushed towards the rear of the car.

Front Suspension

^ Apparently the only picture of the suspension, only half the parts are shown
Probably need replacing:
- Lower control arm 6/7
- Tie rod
- Possible upper arm
- Radius rod
- Sway bar
- Axle half-shaft

Rear Suspension

Probably need replacing:
- Lower controls arms 13, 14, 17/18
- Upper control arms 19, 22
- Rear sway bar 5

And probably some other parts as well. I wouldnt drive on it at all if possible because youre only wearing out/bending parts that have to handle the suspension stresses the main parts cannot hold any more. You wont know exactly what needs to be replaced until a shop takes the wheel off and looks at it. If possible, Id get a list of the parts you need and come back here and post it so we can help you find them cheaper online, because whether you get it fixed at a dealer or a family shop, they still are going to get all the parts directly from Honda at Honda prices.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Danelly07
Unregistered

Well I'm a girl lol, so me trying to fix my car will be merely impossible haha, so that is out of question...My dad is a Mechanic but long retired, and doesn't know much about the new cars. My dad thinks nothing BAD happened, but he said he can't really tell till it goes on a lift, and the wheel comes off. My mechanic is really good and very honest, so today I towed it there because I was just to scared to even drive it.[:'(]....

Now I have another question...My rim is pretty bent, is that fixable? I have 17in alloy wheel...Do you think I should replace it? If you think I should, do you know websites where i could possibly buy a used one?

Thanks for your help..!!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Danelly07
Unregistered

Oh I forgot to mention it was my front passenger wheel.... the rest are fine!

Old 01-11-2009, 10:31 PM

if the damage isn't too bad then you can take it to a tire shop but you're really better off buying another one. Check craigslist.com for used ones, forums for used ones or Honda for new but expensive ones.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Wheel repair is going to just about or more expensive than buying a refurbished wheel.

This is a good place to start looking:
http://www.wheel-repairs.com/store/i...a24b80e3082cba

Your wheel hub/steering knuckle should be fine, the fact that the wheel sits 1-2 inches in is a sign that something got seriously bent. If you want to save some cash-ola, take some pictures with the wheel off and post them up on here, then we can hopefully tell you what needs to be replaced and then maybe have a father-daughter car repair project! Haha.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Danelly07
Unregistered

So my bro spoke with the mechanic something with the axle, but not sure. It's gonna cost approx. $420... But now i gotta figure out what to do about the rim. I'm thinkin a junk yard possibly???... I checked that website u posted for me to look at, and they didn't have the rim for my car...Got anything else! Lmao at the father-daughter car repair!

My poor baby.... I need my car back asap!