Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

8th Gen Stereo Replacement (W/ Nav)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 04:55 PM
Ash
Newest Of Newbies

I particularly agree with your statement around the concerns related to Android OS and device stability and direct sunlight impacts.+ supporting frames are very weak on the top of that lots of hanging cables can be a cause of constant rattling sounds and ruin driving experience.
One should also be mindful of cybersecurity, as these android systems are not google certified and most of them are rooted, which means that back door is always open in these units.
However, there are some good brand out there like Sony, that didn’t use Android OS and if you buy premium series headunits, you can get decent quality display.
We get lots of sunshine in our country, and I struggled to see the camera during day time, in my factory Nav display. After putting Sony XAV9500, most of my issues have been resolved and it has survived one summer 😀
I was able to get away from hanging cables and loose frames. However, it requires lots of effort and some knowledge of wiring.
https://www.driveaccord.net/threads/...d-unit.572076/

Last edited by Ash; 04-30-2024 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:30 PM
Sponsor

Overseas radios, mainly from China, predominantly utilize Android software intended for tablets. These devices lack anti-glare screens, making them challenging to read in daylight, and they tend to drain quickly due to their unsuitability for automotive use, being designed for controlled indoor environments. Companies like Sony, Pioneer, and JVC refrain from incorporating Android into their radios precisely because it's ill-suited for such purposes. However, if your vehicle comes with factory navigation and you seek to integrate CarPlay, there's no need to replace the entire radio unit unless you're also enhancing the audio system with upgraded speakers and amplifiers.

Old 04-30-2024, 06:39 PM
Ash
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by DashLynx
Overseas radios, mainly from China, predominantly utilize Android software intended for tablets. These devices lack anti-glare screens, making them challenging to read in daylight, and they tend to drain quickly due to their unsuitability for automotive use, being designed for controlled indoor environments. Companies like Sony, Pioneer, and JVC refrain from incorporating Android into their radios precisely because it's ill-suited for such purposes. However, if your vehicle comes with factory navigation and you seek to integrate CarPlay, there's no need to replace the entire radio unit unless you're also enhancing the audio system with upgraded speakers and amplifiers.
Thanks DashLynx, for sharing this useful summary. Many end users are not aware of these details
​​​​​​. Fully agree with your opinion 👏