Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

04 coupe nav and aftermarket stereo

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 05:12 PM
ak47
Unregistered
Default 04 coupe nav and aftermarket stereo

Hey guys, new to the message board, and I’m really hoping someone can help me with my little dilemma and maybe you have encountered this type of problem in the past.

I Have a 04 Accord Coupe with Nav, and I was really unhappy with the stock stereo, so I decided to upgrade everything, a Pioneer DEH-P6600 head unit, a 4 channel amp that is powering my Infinity speakers, and a 2 channel amp that is powering my 2 subs. The only problem I have is that I had to leave the stock head unit in, because it’s connected to the navigation system. And since I had to bypass the head unit and connect all my speakers to the DEH-P6600 CD Player, I do not get any navigation prompts (i.e. sound directions) from the navigation system. I was thinking of hooking up my original stock tweeters directly to the original head unit with the NAV, that way I can hear what the directions are just from those two speakers, while hearing the rest of my stereo thru my aftermarket stereo. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 04 coupe nav and aftermarket stereo

i think you should just leave the head unit in and ditch the pioneer. the pioneer does have input ability. so you can hook the output of the stock unit to the input of the pioneer. i dont think the sound would come in automatically, you would have to switch it to AUX on the pioneer but it should work just fine. that stock head unit is actually really good though

Old 02-14-2006, 11:48 PM

I WANT TO DO THE SAME THING CAN YOU EMAIL ME SOME PICTURES OF HOW IT LOOKS IN THE CAR THANKS LECKEY73@HONDASWAP.NET

Old 02-15-2006, 02:10 AM
ak47
Unregistered

lightshow - i tried to go with just the head unit, but that didnt work cuz it really didnt have enough juice to power my two amps... it was fine when the volume was turned down, but when i turned it up, the bass would fade alot, because i had the amp that powered the subs going thru the amp that powered the speakers. so the pioneer was the best option for me. the sound is great, i just still need to find out if its possible to get two more speakers hooked up just to the original navigation. if anyone thinks this will work please let me know. thanks... oh and as far as the using the pioneer aux input, i use that to hook up my ipod, so that connection is already taken.

and leckey - i will try to take some pictures for you this weekend... basically i put the pioneer in the lower cubby. ill send them out to ya as soon as i get some pictures...

Old 02-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

hey you might have had it hooked up wrong. the head unit is just a pre amp it doesnt need to have a lot of power. the power amps are supposed to do the work.

Old 02-15-2006, 04:18 PM
ak47
Unregistered

perhaps you are right, thats what i was thinking before i had it installed, but i had circuit city do the first install...which was a mistake in itself, i wont get into that.... i am very pleased with the pioneer head unit that i have now, b/c i can control the sound much more than the factory head unit, high/mid/low...and i can control the subs seperatly from the rest of the speakers which is a great feature. but the navigation prompts is my only concern...

Old 02-19-2006, 04:22 PM

THANKS

Old 02-20-2006, 11:30 PM

You can try the stock headunit and get a 3 in 1 line driver. It is a powered equalizer that takes the stock sound signal and strengthens it to make it clearer so you can amp speakers and subs. When I am done with the performance end of my car I am getting one so I can run a sub and a 4 channel amp.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:41 PM
ak47
Unregistered

this was actually another direction i was thinking about, to get rid of the pioneer head unit, and replace it with a DEQ-7600 equalizer, so the sound will come from the stock head unit, then to the equalizer then the amps to the speakers and subs... i am still trying to research if its possible to hook up a stock headunit to an equalizer. if anyeone knows thats possible that would be great.