General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Accord MT Gas Pedal Extension

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Default 2013 Accord MT Gas Pedal Extension

Hey mates.

Searching around on the internet for the last couple of days seems to have turned up nothing, so I was wondering if any of you encountered the same issue as me.

As many of my fellow Accord manual drivers may have noticed, the pedal arrangement on the stickshift 2013 Accord puts the gas pedal almost exactly 2 inches behind the brake pedal. Having an unhealthy addiction to driving stickshift as I do, I find this extremely frustrating in the heel-toe department. Reaching the gas pedal as far back as it is forces me to nearly threshold brake every time, which is not always what I'm looking to do.

So, I was looking around for thicker pedal pads for the throttle pedal, or maybe even a 2" extension, but looking at the pedal itself, I found that it has no cover and is instead a solid piece on the front, back and right side of the pedal and has lateral ribs giving it rigidity and thickness. So unlike the clutch and brake pedals that have the standard rubber covers on them, the gas pedal literally has no cover nor screw holes.

The question is as follows: have any of you managed to find a way to extend the pedal length so that it is in line with the brake pedal? I would prefer to steer away from various epoxy or rubber cement options...that I'll save if nobody has any ideas.

Vehicle info: 2013 Accord Coupe LX-S Manual.

Thanks in advance.

- Savage

Old 09-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

No need to heel-toe w/ a convenient e-brake to hold car.

However, you might try strapping some old flip-flop soles cut to fit the pedal.

Plastic wire ties could secure the pieces temporarily for trials. You may not like the arrangement or it may have unanticipated consequences. Wood screws w/ washers could permanent attach to pedal.

Best to remove pedal to install this spacer.

good luck

Old 09-29-2014, 10:25 PM

Thanks for the reply, mate.

I'll see how the temporary trial setup goes as I want to give it a shot anyway. If it proves worthwhile, I'll go about making something more permanent.

Thanks again!

- Savage

Old 09-30-2014, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

One final caution. In the US, a modification like this might cause problems if you had an accident. It might invalidate coverage of damage to your own vehicle. I don't know this for certain, but its something to check.

Of course folks here lift and lower, change wheels/tires, modify PCMS, etc so it probably is no diff for you.

good luck