General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a question, about my Transmission Slipping, help me out please

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 09:17 PM
genecrazy
Unregistered
Default I have a question, about my Transmission Slipping, help me out please

bare with me, i really dont know much about cars, so if you guys can help me out, id appreciate it.

Well i drive a 2001 honda accord v6, and the transmission has been slipping for a few months now. I would have to accelerate very slow on the first gear, or else the car shakes when it switches to the 2nd gear, and at times it get bad if you accelerate too fast...

well anyways, i plan on heading out pretty far, about 66 miles away, and im wondering, because my transmission is slipping, what are the chances of the transmission failing on me?

dont get me wrong, i will get the transmission checked and replaced, but i dont think it will happen by the time i have to head out...and i just want to know if i should be worried heading out at such a distance or if i should just cancel out on this trip...

thanks..

Old 11-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Default RE: I have a question, about my Transmission Slipping, help me out please

that's a really tough question to answer.... once a tranny starts to slip there really is no way of guaging when it's going to give out... I'd say that if you have towing coverage through your insurance company I'd risk it but not without a backup plan

Old 11-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: I have a question, about my Transmission Slipping, help me out please

2000 and 2001 honda accords are covered under a 7 year 100K powertrain warranty...how many miles does the car have?

Old 11-08-2006, 03:34 AM

call your local Honda dealer it might be totally under warranty ...Honda has had a few problem with those trannies .. OK a lot of problems ..

Old 11-08-2006, 04:38 AM

yeah man i have a 01 accord ex and i just finished getting my second tranny put in. yeah i brought it to the dealer and they replace it for free under warranty of course. so i am pretty sure you will get warranty under yours also. b/c 98-02 i believe have recalls on their trannys.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:51 AM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

call your local Honda dealer it might be totally under warranty ...Honda has had a few problem with those trannies .. OK a lot of problems ..

ahhaha you don't say............

Old 11-08-2006, 02:09 PM
genecrazy
Unregistered

oh yeah i forgot to mention the mileage, sorrry about that..

It is over 100,000 miles , and i heard that the warranty is only helpful if its under 100,000. =[.

But, lucky enough i know someone that works at the honda dealership and said he will do what he can to get it for free.

anyways, so honda had a lot of tranny problems with those models? that makes me sad now, haha.. Well thanks for the reply guys

Old 11-08-2006, 02:29 PM

search for honda class action suit.... or search the forum here for "tranny suit" you may be covered under that.... as of this time honda has not issued a recall on those transmissions but there is as suit being filed, you can also contact "honda of america" and they may do a goodwill replacement since this is a problem car....