New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Converted to Honda by my Honda Tech Son

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Default Converted to Honda by my Honda Tech Son

Hello,
My wife and I have recently had to replace both of our cars. My wife, from a 98 Saturn SC2 to a 08 Honda Element EX (190K miles) and I from a 04 Chevy Impala to a 99 Accord (140K miles).

Our son is a Honda Tech and has been after us for years to buy Honda's.

I guess we will have to see how the experience goes. I have done almost all mechanical work on our cars until recently when the car companies removed a lot of the ability to be a shade tree mechanic. Now you have to be a Technician also.

I hope to use this forum to get information to repair/improve our own autos and hopefully I can share my experiences and help someone else who needs it.

Slimbob

Old 03-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Slimbob
Hello,
My wife and I have recently had to replace both of our cars. My wife, from a 98 Saturn SC2 to a 08 Honda Element EX (190K miles) and I from a 04 Chevy Impala to a 99 Accord (140K miles).

Our son is a Honda Tech and has been after us for years to buy Honda's.

I guess we will have to see how the experience goes. I have done almost all mechanical work on our cars until recently when the car companies removed a lot of the ability to be a shade tree mechanic. Now you have to be a Technician also.

I hope to use this forum to get information to repair/improve our own autos and hopefully I can share my experiences and help someone else who needs it.

Slimbob
Welcome.
My son converted us, and his wife to Hondas, although I still have other vehicles in my possesion. We started with my wife's 2000 Accord LX sedan, then I bought a 97 LX sedan, followed by my 99 Accord LX sedan. His wife got an 08 Pilot.
I"ve been taken care of mine and my wife's cars for years, and the Hondas seem to be semi maintenance friendly. I don't know if I can say that about the newer cars though. I think her 2000 is about as new as I'm comfortable going with at this time (it's already got 235+K miles on it and still runs great).
If you're going to do your own work, I'd suggest getting a FSM (Factory Service Manual) for both vehicles. They're both available on line, and for your 99, they're available in book form from Helm Inc.

Last edited by The Toecutter; 03-10-2017 at 05:59 PM.