Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

08 Accord EX-L Interior - Looking for Help on Fixing 3 things

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Question 08 Accord EX-L Interior - Looking for Advice on Fixing 3 areas

I'll apologize in advance as I'm not really knowledgeable or handy at all when it comes to cars or fixing them up at all. There were a couple of things in my 2008 Accord EX-L I was wondering if someone could lend some advice as far as the best way to go about fixing.

(See DashPeeling.jpg)
Unfortunately someone put one of those Yankee Candle scent things that attach to the vents (long story, was given one as a present as it had a "manly smell" and trust me will never use ever again, and they definitely heard about it). Since my car sits at a Park & Ride during the day, the interior gets pretty hot during the summer. Unfortunately whatever scented crap that was in there leaked and ended up causing peeling right above some of the buttons on the dash as shown in the photo below.

It's really annoying especially since it is just right out in the open and I wanted to go about getting it fixed. I was looking for the stock dash piece around the buttons purchase and replace this with, but all I end up finding are the aftermarket dash kits, or woodgrain dash kits. I've searched all over including ebay and some honda parts sites and can't find what I'm looking for (althought I may have not been looking in the right places). The other thought is I could just remove the piece and paint it if I could find the color that matches the dash.

08 Accord EX-L Interior - Looking for Help on Fixing 3 things-dashpeeling.jpg

(See HoleFromBluetooth.jpg)
I had a Parrot LS-3200 Bluetooth hardwired into my car right after I purhased it. Wasn't really a fan of this particular unit for many reasons. I ended up recently getting it replaced with the Parrot mKI 9200 bluetooth (that works MUCH better). The problem is since the display is no longer in the same location, there is a now a large hole to the right of the shifter where it before (along with some of the glue that i've slowly been able to remove). Does anyone have any thought on either where I can purchase the replacement piece (since the piece is quite large I'm sure it will be pricey :-) ) or better yet just something that i can put over the hole that would still look pretty clean? Someone had mentioned I may be able to find something at Home Depot (like a snap on cap or something) but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find something that looks pretty decent. I'm not really handy in trying to create something myself unfortunately.

08 Accord EX-L Interior - Looking for Help on Fixing 3 things-holefrombluetooth.jpg

(See Armrest.jpg)
This third item isn't as big of a deal, but still doesn't look the greatest. The leather from the right armrest somehow got got on something so it is now bunched up (and I believe there is a small rip). The picture doesn't make it look too bad, but it is definitely noticeable.

Does anyone know if this is pricey to fix and where I would go for something like that? I assume it is, and if so I'm just going to leave it.

08 Accord EX-L Interior - Looking for Help on Fixing 3 things-armrest.jpg

I really appreciate it anyone was able to give some thoughts on this. I'm hoping not to spend a great deal of money, and wanted to get my car detailed in the spring so it is looking fresh and new again.

Thanks in advance!

~J

Last edited by NBAJ2K; 03-19-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Default Armrest

My armrest on the 2008 Honda Accord began bubbling and finally tore. It looked exactly like yours. I have researched this issue online and found others to make a similar complaint. Apparantly the paper-thin leather is to blame. The total cost to replace, according to my Honda dealer, is a little less than $300 ($160 for the part and $90 to install).