Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

2000 Honda Accord coupe Headlight help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2000 Honda Accord coupe Headlight help.

I just wanted to make sure of something, I ordered some Spyder Smoke Halo Projector Headlights from carid.com with the HID conversion kit. Will all the parts needed to install both the HiD kit and headlights come with it? And also I spoke with this dude at a Honda dealer and he told me u have to take off the bumper...omg please say it ain't so!

Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM

do i use the factory headlight plugs when installing my halo projector lights please help

Old 03-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Another question, i just got the headlights installed and after one day of using the lights i noticed the right headlight looked oxidized. My question how could this have happened? and also i noticed that the left head light gets really hot it actually warped the left headlight just a bit but still, that cant be normal. What could have caused the left head light to get so hot?

Old 03-07-2012, 08:35 AM

alright to answer the bunch of questions, here goes..

a) Since you already installed them, I guess you know the answer to whether the bumper has to be removed or not (yes it does). And apparently you got all the wiring so you're good.

b) Yes the headlight plugs go into the stock harness and they're made to fit just fine.

c) They're oxidized because 90% of those aftermarkets have crap for sealing, including the spyder ones. Your best bet would be to take them out of the car, heat them in an oven, pry it apart then seal it with the silicone/rubber (I think) sealant yourself. The sealant is pretty cheap and they sell it at auto parts stores or honda dealership (maybe).

d) As for the bulb overheating, it is possible you just installed the actual bulb on an angle. Being that headlights tend to burn real hot, they can easily melt/warp any housing if installed on an awkward angle. Take it out and reinstall it, I hope you didn't warp the housing too much, that means replacement. This time make sure, it's sitting nice and snug and not on an angle.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Also a cause of your warped headlight could be that it was the wrong type of bulb. The same thing happened to one of my tailights. The bulb was too strong because the idiot who owned the car before me put it in (along with many other "mods" that he did). The whole inside plastic housing for the light is burnt black. The bulb may be a different wattage and be the same size as the required one, so while it may still fit into the socket, it could just be too powerful of a bulb.