Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

2006 headlight help

Old 03-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Default 2006 headlight help

I am looking for headlight options for my 2006 EX-L coupe. I am looking to upgrade to HID's and would like a black surround. I don't mind halo's and LED's. I am just looking for a headlight that has a good reputation, is reliable and looks good. I know that look is in the eye of the beholder, just looking for a direction to look. I like the Anzo lights but they are not offered on Anzo's site. Thanks.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:55 PM

Heres my coupe...

Got the $250 Dual Halo CCFL Projector Headlights from k2motor.com
I put the top LEDs to a toggle switch, but know that the headlights come with yellow headlights so definitely wanna change those.
Other than that, I get EVERYONE looking at these headlights like wtf?!?
The headlights are BRIGHT as all hell, not only that, at night I keep the halos on and the LEDs on only while at night because the LEDs are pretty bright and act as headlights (even though they are not) and I get g35's and porches and all these nice cars tryin to race - which means they jealous! haha
I live in NY and havent gotten pulled over for having only those on, but when you get to a dark street you definitely need normal lights
(I unplugged my brights because I dont like the yellowish daylight running lights, plus the lights are bright enough and I dont need the brights - my regular headlights make people flash their brights at me... lol)

Last edited by relworP; 04-04-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Default thanks

I live in the country and I will definately need the lows and highs to be working. The LED's are cool and will probably be hooked up with both lights. Were they hard to install and did they come with any instructions? I am looking for something with a good fit and finish and a relatively easy install. I am somewhat mechanically inclined but I don't want to get in over my head. Thanks for the feed back.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM

no its all very easy to install.
Like I said, I would have kept everything plugged in but I didnt like the yellowish light so I would suggest buying new bulbs before putting the headlights in because if you purchase later on you need to disassemble everything.
The LEDs are a little more advanced, maybe you can ask a buddy who knows cars for a little help, but nonetheless if you follow the video you should be fine.
Here is a youtube on how to install the headlight housings and also the LED hookups.
YouTube - SPECDTUNING INSTALLATION VIDEO: 2003-2007 HONDA ACCORD PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS - headlights
YouTube - SPECDTUNING Installation Video: Halo LED Projector Headlights Wiring Installation - LEDs

SIDE NOTE**** The housings I bought do not come with turn signals so you must use your stock ones or new ones. The stock ones look great, but its up to you if you like the amber color.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:15 AM

One last question as you have been a life saver for this project. Can I put HID's into the housing? I was looking at the stock units today and I don't think that I would be able to put HID's into the stock highbeams. I have heard that the halo style housings are not always capable of accepting HID style bulbs. Like I said, I am a some what of a newbie to this. I will look into that company and see how it looks to me. Thanks for all the help.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:26 AM

Sorry, didn't realize that these were projectors.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:05 PM

There are HID kits you can use to install the HIDs, although when me and my buddy worked on putting the housings in he had told me they would fit without the kit. I would check into a HID kit because I'm pretty sure it will need it. Good luck, and post pictures when its all done.

Last edited by relworP; 04-11-2011 at 09:08 AM.