Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

2013 Accord FCW & HID Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 06:26 PM
Default 2013 Accord FCW & HID Kit

first post.

Hello guys, i just bought a 2013 ex-l w/ nav v4. It does not come with the HID lights or the LED DRL, so i was gonna install the HID myself. I need to know what kind of bulbs i need to get. H11? any links to compatible kits? hopefully 55 watts. Also, i noticed that the DRL are just a single bulb but the housing reflectors make it seem like there are multiple bulbs (Yellow LEDs). Therefore, is there any way to just change out the DRL bulb to LED bulb or any bulb emitting white light giving the appearance of a LED DRL?

One more thing. Any safe way to test out the FCW? I havent seen it come on during the entire week i have owned it. i just want to get a feel of how it works and make sure that it does work.

Thanks in advance!!

Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Default Same boat

I am in the exact same boat! Just got my 2013 accord ex=l navi v4 and I have the exact same questions as you. Any word on which and what to do?

Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies

The headlight bulb is h11 and yes u can change out the sidemarker bulb (168) to LED white. i used one of those bulb below for the sidemarker:
As for the DRL, It use a 9005 bulb. I tried with those LED light i brought from IJDMToy.com , it looks good on it. Just that its so hard to replace it due to tight space between the frame and the light housing.

Hope that help to answer your questions.

Attached Thumbnails 2013 Accord FCW & HID Kit-img_9987.jpg  

Last edited by speedimp; 02-19-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:04 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by aaronm
Is it possible (easy) to install the LED headlights from the touring?
as far as i know its not just plug and play to convert from regular headlight to touring LED headlight. The front harness need to swap out to just do that.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:32 AM

To answer your FCW question, you will only get an audible beep and the icon on the dash will illuminate for a second. The exact same thing it does for the LDW system.
Ask my wife how she knows this......... 0_0

Old 03-27-2013, 11:24 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by aaronm
Is it possible (easy) to install the LED headlights from the touring?
If i were you, I would just swap out and get the touring edition LED headlights....this can be done...this is what i will be doing..i would not attempt anything cheesy like others have done, if you do the swap you will still have the "OEM" look. although, the price for these headlights will stay very high this year, they will start going down next year...i also plan on buying a 2013 accord this fall...how do you like yours?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by speedimp
The headlight bulb is h11 and yes u can change out the sidemarker bulb (168) to LED white. i used one of those bulb below for the sidemarker:
As for the DRL, It use a 9005 bulb. I tried with those LED light i brought from IJDMToy.com , it looks good on it. Just that its so hard to replace it due to tight space between the frame and the light housing.

Hope that help to answer your questions.
this is an "ok" idea....although it has a "cheesy" look to it, the led strips blue glow do not match your headlight spectrum of color...the 2013 Touring looks very nice and classy, as it does match the LED runners with the LED low beam headlights spectrum...

Old 04-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by dvd_win
this is an "ok" idea....although it has a "cheesy" look to it, the led strips blue glow do not match your headlight spectrum of color...the 2013 Touring looks very nice and classy, as it does match the LED runners with the LED low beam headlights spectrum...
I agree with you that is off, but its kinda hard to match the HID with LEDs since they both have different light output. I wish I have the money to do the full conversion to touring LED, but by far HID is only choice to give me the best road illumination and the LED is not as cheezy as the original halogen 168 bulbs.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 PM

i have done a similar mod since switching out to the touring lights is not as cut and dry as it seems and the price is pretty steep. I installed some high end HID's and changed out the Fog Lights, and the sidemarker bulb to LED white as well. It looks pretty slick and everyone has been giving me compliments on it. If you want the Classy OEM look and you have to money, then go ahead and convert the entire headlamps, if not, with about $300 you can get the same look as the picture above.