Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

97 Accord damaged help

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 03:59 AM

So as I stated, adjustor quoted $1200 to fix it, plus money for my time. Got the car from Honda after replacing battery and to find out other problems (found out power steering is leaking), upon driving the car, obvious effects from this. Insurance said the door can be fixed, after taking to body shop, they say it is not safe and needs to be replaced completely. Insurance company has now offered me $1200 plus time and money several time, I assume to get out of totaling the vehicle, even though they stated if it gets much higher they will.

Looking up average prices, I came up with around $2500 for the condition of the vehicle before accident, according to KBB being fair (needs pain, some body work, interior stains). What should I fight to get for as a daily payment, and can they hold it against me for 2 days to get the car to the body shop, since I had to wait for someone to help take me there?

Old 03-23-2012, 08:23 AM

Listen no matter what do not accept a check from the insurance company. Have an autobody shop complete all the repairs. My 97 was backed into and it crushed the rear driver side door and broke a tie rod. The insurance adjusted offered a very very low amount to fix and every shop quoted me double The # the adjustor gave me. He basically told me he wasn't going to "polish an old turd" and threatened he would total the car and said I wouldn't want that since it has a clean title. I was appauled and fired back saying your putting this back to pre-accident condition regardless because my car was parked and I am the victim. I absolutely hate any adjuster from esurance-progressive-geico. They all hide behind their phones since they have no "office" just a company vehicle and a computer

Old 03-23-2012, 08:39 AM

I had to have three estimates in writing to get an insurance company to override the first adjuster