Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

best HID brand

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Thinkmoto
x2 just bought a raptor kit for my 96 accord and i love them. 4500K raptor kit is $39.95 one year warranty. You can also get a kit with a lifetime warranty. I have heard vvme is also good. I know of alot of people that swear by the DDM tuning stuff though.

umm, yep... i also believe there are many VVME loyal customers cos VVME kits are cheap, reliable, and almost identical to the factory HID on the cars and they are not blue like other kits.

DDM is good stuff too... but what they promise lifetime warranty is a little cheating, i think.....just my personal ideas....

Old 12-13-2010, 10:43 AM

So i'm looking to get some HID's on my 05 accord - have been researching and for the price and warranty, seems like DDM is the way to go.

I've been reading that some recommend getting the HID Harness - are there instructions on how to install the harness? Or is this pretty much just plug and play as well? They're much cheaper now then i guess a year ago - $35 for 35W and $12.50 for the harness.

Also, i'm planning on using just the stock housing - would this be a problem as far as glaring and possibly getting pulled over? I've seen that you can adjust the aim of the lights - how do i do that if i needed to?

Also, i'm a little torn between the 5000k vs. 6000k - i want a subtle hint of blue, but not to where its easily noticeable...i'm thinking the 6000k should be good.

Any help would be great! thanks guys!

Old 12-14-2010, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by fasundrani
So i'm looking to get some HID's on my 05 accord - have been researching and for the price and warranty, seems like DDM is the way to go.

I've been reading that some recommend getting the HID Harness - are there instructions on how to install the harness? Or is this pretty much just plug and play as well? They're much cheaper now then i guess a year ago - $35 for 35W and $12.50 for the harness.

Also, i'm a little torn between the 5000k vs. 6000k - i want a subtle hint of blue, but not to where its easily noticeable...i'm thinking the 6000k should be good.

Any help would be great! thanks guys!

Cheapest place is not DDMTuning hands down, it is VVME $31.99 for standard plug-and-play HID kit. I wouldn't buy from ddm again. My friend and I had bad experiences with their HIDs. Failed ballasts, burnt bulbs, wrong color, unmatching colors, harness problems...yeah sure it's covered under warrenty...but you gotta realize you have to pay shipping + wait time, and after the 2nd time around...it's not guaranteed that it'll work again.

no need for the relay harness...

if u want a slight blue tint white color, u'd better choose 6k 9006 HID kit .

Old 12-14-2010, 02:10 PM

[quote=fernandoking;224110]Cheapest place is not DDMTuning hands down, it is VVME $31.99 for standard plug-and-play HID kit. I wouldn't buy from ddm again. My friend and I had bad experiences with their HIDs. Failed ballasts, burnt bulbs, wrong color, unmatching colors, harness problems...yeah sure it's covered under warrenty...but you gotta realize you have to pay shipping + wait time, and after the 2nd time around...it's not guaranteed that it'll work again.

no need for the relay harness...

if u want a slight blue tint white color, u'd better choose 6k 9006 HID kit
ok cool.

So i'm also debating between getting projection headlights or just doing the HIDs. I know the glaring issue is greatly reduced with the projections, but is it really worth paying 150+ for them aside from the just the physical appearance? Also, ive read there are some projections that melt with the HID's installed as well?

I've also read that its recommended to install the harness so that it gets enough power and doesnt strain the stock parts? Not sure of validity of that..

Thanks for the help!

Old 12-15-2010, 01:12 AM

Also... i found a Combo pack on ebay with Projection Halo headlights with X-Tune 6000k HID Kit for like $180.. Anyone know anything about X-Tune HID Kits? They come with a 1-yr warranty from Speed-Element Motorsports.

It also mentioned that it comes with an H1 HID Kit, but the 2005 accords take 9006 Lo-Beam bulbs.. why are they sending it with H1? Is it a compatibility thing with the new Projection Halo housing?

Old 01-12-2011, 03:08 PM

A good kit I got HID's for my accord was hidnation.com they actually answer the phone thats what got me to order from them and offer a lifetime warranty. The kit i received was great had no problems with it. check em out.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by fasundrani
It also mentioned that it comes with an H1 HID Kit, but the 2005 accords take 9006 Lo-Beam bulbs.. why are they sending it with H1? Is it a compatibility thing with the new Projection Halo housing?
they must make a mistake about it... it is 9006 HID kit for lo beam of accord 05..

check this HID kit chart to all Honda models :

Old 01-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Administrator
Lightbulb * Good Post With Good Comments*

Thanks guys for all the input on those HID'd gives members a good insight on them..

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails best HID brand-wbahid9007%7E9006kitbydad.jpg