Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

blacking out headlight?

Old 05-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Default blacking out headlight?

I was told in order to remove the headlight cover was to stick it in the oven for a bit to soften the glue. So how long should i put it in the oven for the glue to soften but not damage the headlights. Or is there another way to do this. What would be suggested for the paint i use. if anyone could answer this or ad some more info that would be great, thanks guys! This is off subject but is there any websites that sell a real jdm or mugen front lip 95 accord ex coupe?

Old 05-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Default RE: blacking out headlight?

dont know about the front lip. but i am currently working on repainting the stock headlight housing. Its a bit of a job, so set aside some time to do it. Yes you do have to put it in the oven, i put mine in for about 10 minutes @ 325 degrees. Get yourself some gloves that you dont mind getting glue all over because you wont be able to handle the headlights without something protecting your hands. Also place the headlight on a cookie sheet covered in foil. When you take the headlights out of the oven use a flathead screwdriver to pry the housing apart, be gentle thou you dont want to crack the cover. If the glue rehardens you can always place it back in the oven. Dont forget to pick up some silicone sealint to reseal the housing. If you dont want to do that you can always bake the housing to soften the glue and press it back together