Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Finally Installed HID kit...relay harness?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Default Finally Installed HID kit...relay harness?

So with the great advice of everyone here I purchased a DDM Tuning HID kit back in December. I finally installed it...almost 10 months later! (Don't have much time on my hands) Works awesome, but also bought the relay harness, didn't install that though. I think I figured out what that really does, takes power from the baterry vs the direct source. Any idea how easy that would be to install? It looks like it's pretty much plung n' play with the exception it also needs to be connected to the battery.

Some help would be appreciated.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by mihalis
So with the great advice of everyone here I purchased a DDM Tuning HID kit back in December. I finally installed it...almost 10 months later! (Don't have much time on my hands) Works awesome, but also bought the relay harness, didn't install that though. I think I figured out what that really does, takes power from the baterry vs the direct source. Any idea how easy that would be to install? It looks like it's pretty much plung n' play with the exception it also needs to be connected to the battery.

Some help would be appreciated.
I'm sure most ppl can agree with me when I say that a relay harness really is not necessary. I have not installed one and have had no problems. Most people don't have any issues when they don't install a harness.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Sweagle02
I'm sure most ppl can agree with me when I say that a relay harness really is not necessary. I have not installed one and have had no problems. Most people don't have any issues when they don't install a harness.
The only reason why I purchased it to begin with is b/c people here told me that they had issues not using the relay harness...

Old 09-25-2009, 01:42 PM

I have a plug and play unit for mine and had them for almost 2 years now. Works perfect and looks great too. Huge driving difference.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:17 PM

Did you guys use projector headlights? Or used your reflector headlights? I want to buy one but afraid I might get pulled over by cops if they see it in a reflector headlights.