Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.
View Poll Results: what should i do with my 97 honda?
pay $1500 to get it repaired
0%
part it out
0%
get junkyard parts and try the repair myself
100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

front end collision advise, pics included

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 06:28 PM
bigjayzizzle
Unregistered
Default front end collision advise, pics included

i got into a fender bender and i need some help figuring out what to do next. i am paying out of pocket to get my 97 accord lx fixed. the accident wasnt too bad and car is still drivable and runs without any problems. the radiator support mount was damaged and needs to be replaced as it is throwing off the alignment of the hood and fenders. cant fix exterior until this bracket has been replaced. now i know it is a expensive fix considering the yr of the car, i have been quoted about $2000-2500 to fix, and i paid $4500 for it 2 yrs ago. i found a mechanic who said he could do all the repairs and paint for an even $1500. now i know everyone would prob say to buy a new car, but that is really not an option for me, besides besides the damage from the accident car is flawless, interior is really nice and has a sound system. i would love to do additional upgrades to it as well because i just graduated college and i do not plan on buying a new car anytime soon. it seems that the radiator support bracket is the most expensive part as shops are trying to charge me $200-300 for this part alone, but i found a brand new factory sealed support bracket on ebay for $80. i am mechanically inclined, but for a job as delicate and precise as aligning the rad support mount and welding i am willing to pay for it to be done right but i cannot afford to pay over $1000. the car has about 160,000 miles and ive had it 2 yrs with no problems and i do all the maintenance and tunes ups myself. would it be a good investment to pay the $1500 the guy is asking to repair my honda? i am not drivin it now but i need to make a decision soon.

Attached Thumbnails front end collision advise, pics included-honda-accord-front-end.jpg   front end collision advise, pics included-rad-support-2.jpg   front end collision advise, pics included-radiator-support.jpg