Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Looking to replace

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default Looking to replace

Alright im looking to replace the rear bumper lights (Not to sure what they are called) With something like this.

1994-1997 HONDA ACCORD EX LX CHROME REAR BUMPER LIGHTS SIGNAL SIDE MARKER LAMPS | eBay

When replacing these do I need to replace the bulbs as well?

Old 06-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Depending on your State's DMV vehicle codes, it is possible a cop may write a citation if it didn't conform to a vehicle code regarding the light color with a clear lenses at certain points of the car. There are different color bulbs if that was the case.

Other than that, you could just use the bulb you have.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Depending on your State's DMV vehicle codes, it is possible a cop may write a citation if it didn't conform to a vehicle code regarding the light color with a clear lenses at certain points of the car. There are different color bulbs if that was the case.

Other than that, you could just use the bulb you have.
Don't think I would get pulled over so I'm not to worried about that. But I don't like the amber color and was wondering if I kept the old bulb on will it still be an amber color.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

The original rear side marker lenses were red with a clear bulb inside. The stock bulb light color without the lenses is a little yellowish.

If you use the same bulb in a clear side marker, then the lighting would be a little yellowish.

Since you mention an amber color, is the lenses the original red lenses or is it some aftermarket replacement?

Attached Thumbnails Looking to replace-rear-side-markers.jpg  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:05 AM
Almost A Senior Member

The original rear side marker lenses were red with a clear bulb inside. The stock bulb light color without the lenses is a little yellowish.

If you use the same bulb in a clear side marker, then the lighting would be a little yellowish.

Since you mention an amber color, is the lenses the original red lenses or is it some aftermarket replacement?
Oh wow I got mixed up in which ones im asking about. No the rear ones are red so your saying the light output would be yellowish if I got the ones in the link?
I meant to put a link to the front ones. Those are amber in color. Would I have to switch the bulbs out for those?

Old 06-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

For the rear side markers, if you use the stock bulb with the clear lenses, the light output would be yellowish.

For the front bumper turn signal lenses, you don't need to switch the bulbs if you don't want to. When I had a 1995 Accord, I replaced the stock lenses with white front bumper lenses. (The lenses I got were a opaque diffused pattern instead of just clear.) I just used the stock bulbs. The replacement lenses I bought also came with two amber (orange color) bulbs which I didn't use. I don't know if other aftermarket lenses come with the bulbs anymore.

Attached Thumbnails Looking to replace-front-turn-signal-bumper-light.jpg  
Old 06-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Almost A Senior Member

For the rear side markers, if you use the stock bulb with the clear lenses, the light output would be yellowish.

For the front bumper turn signal lenses, you don't need to switch the bulbs if you don't want to. When I had a 1995 Accord, I replaced the stock lenses with white front bumper lenses. (The lenses I got were a opaque diffused pattern instead of just clear.) I just used the stock bulbs. The replacement lenses I bought also came with two amber (orange color) bulbs which I didn't use. I don't know if other aftermarket lenses come with the bulbs anymore.
Ya I think the ones I was looking at came with amber/yellow color bulbs. Thanks much for your help!!!