Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Upgrading '07 Accord VP interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Default Upgrading '07 Accord VP interior

Hello everyone, newbie here. I have a '07 Accord VP and I'm looking to add the front map light assembly, the single courtesy light just is not cutting it. Through research for adding other accessories such as fog lights, I've noticed the car, for the most part, is prewired from the factory. I was wondering if anybody knew if that was the same for the interior wiring harness? Looking at general parts diagrams for all models it seems that its the same harness that powers the courtesy light as well as the map light, auto dimming mirror, and the sunvisor lights in the LX and EX. What I'm getting at is, did Honda mass produce the bare bones of all their models the same or is my VP lacking the wiring for the accessories that the higher end models have? I just don't want to order anything and tear my interior apart just to find out it can't be done. Thanks

Old 01-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Default RE: Upgrading '07 Accord VP interior

Hmm, it seems nobody has any knowledge in this area.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Upgrading '07 Accord VP interior

So why not take it apart before hand? There arn't too many VPs around, I didn't even know they didn't come with the map lights that's absurd. What the hell DOES it come with? A steering wheel? I would bet good money the wiring is all there.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 AM

I don't want to go through the hassle of buying everything and tearing it apart just to find out it can't be done. VP's seem to be the new badge that took the place of a DX. It is kinda backwards in my opinion, it has power windows and locks w/ the security system, cruise control cd/stereo but the wipers are just intermittent not variable, no map light, no folding armrest in the back. It boggles my mind how it's cheaper to mass produce vehicles but to make a back seat and wiper switches that only go on the VP. I guess I'll just have to dig into it at some point and let everybody know. Thanks

Old 01-15-2022, 10:37 PM
Default Well? Did you find the wiring for map lights?

It’s been 12 years since the thread creator said he would take that ’07 VP headliner out and look for the map light wiring. I think that’s long enough to get the job done. Since I own an ’07 VP and might like to add the map lights to mine, I’m wondering how this story ends. Did you find the wiring, dude?