Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

03 accord stock head unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by accordJDM116
sorry i cant help you to stop being a dick ....y do people like u come on here thinking your the **** bitch its not like u where born with the knowledge to install audio **** u had to learn just like everybody else so stop being a dick u will get alot farther in life
You are exactly right I had to learn, why can't you do the same? I'm sorry I have a hard time respecting illiterate and arrogant kids such as yourself. Where I am and going in life is completely irrelevant, but know it is leaps and bounds ahead of you. The only reason I'm here is to help people who need it, not want it because they can't stop and think for a second. If you only knew me you'd know I'm not here for any kind of attention or social affection, I'm an intellectual person that likes to share and discuss ideas. So please lets hear whatever you have to say, I'm not listening. Now I've given you your answer, and even a good recommendation above, so take it or leave it, I've already done what I've set out to do here.

PS. Grammar, punctuation, and especially spelling really help anyone have any form of respect for what you have to say. Being stupid is not cool, nor has it ever been. Stop worrying about being cool, this is the internet a place to share and discuss ideas, not the social cesspool it seems to be turning into. And yes I am an a**hole, an a**hole to arrogant lesser minds...

Last edited by t00fatt; 05-12-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:26 AM
accordJDM116
Unregistered

Originally Posted by status
hey douche bag mc doucher, there are differnet time places for accords, if you have a navi its up where the lx or dx dont have anything, you havent even told us what model you have, fatty can be a dick but your just plain stupid, and he was trying to help you.

edit: you realize that you new hu will display the time also?
first off hes not trying to help hes just being a dick just like u, maybe u should change the forum name to how to be a dick because u guys seem to be real good at it ..and the next time you want to insult someone go insult your mom and dad for have a annoying useless **** like you...

P.S go kill yourself

Old 05-13-2009, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by accordJDM116
im a hater, and i cry myself to sleep, i just wanna be cool in life.
word.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:17 PM

Alec just ignore this kid. He doesn't even realize why I'm neglectful to help him. Just leave him be, there is nothing to gain here for anyone.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:33 PM

So i'm assuming that they sold you 2 harnesses. One of the harnesses they gave you should plug back into the factory radio. Then the other will wire up to the new head unit harness that your are putting in which in turn connects to the harness that just came out of the factory radio. To get the time displayed, you'll need to simply power up the memory or constant 12v wire (yellow for aftermarket colors) and accessory 12v (red for aftermarket colors) and lastly ground (black for aftermarket colors) from the factory headunit all together using all 3 harnesses including the new aftermarked headunit. So the one harness that should connect into the back of the factory headunit we'll call the reverse harness or male plug. It should have all aftermarket colors yellow, red, black, orange, white pair, grey pair, green pair, and purple pair and maybe a few others. The other one they should have given you should be the standard aftermarket harness or female plug to clip into the one that you just pulled from the factory deck. Again having all the same aftermarket colors i mentioned earlier. You are going to hook up color for color for the new headunit harness to the standard aftermarket harness but adding yellow (12v memory), red (12v switch), black (ground) and Orange/white or orange for dimmer and illumination purposes from the reverse harness for a total connection of 3 harnesses. You can tape or simply de-pin the speaker wires from the reverse harness since you won't be needing those and they will just take up room. When all clipped together, you'll have the new headunit joined with the reverse harness power connections to power up the factory headunit to have the clock display feature. Hope this helps.

P.S. for everyone else, don't be so hard on someone who is just learning. We all started somewhere.

Last edited by My03Accord; 05-25-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:05 AM

work in progress

Old 06-11-2009, 04:55 PM

If you haven't already, you should take pictures of the process so you can post them and show others on how to do the same. There is quite a demand for installing a double DIN in the 7th gen. I hope you figured out a good way to safely secure the unit to the kit.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:15 PM

Here is my project so far...

Old 06-15-2009, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by t00fatt
If you haven't already, you should take pictures of the process so you can post them and show others on how to do the same. There is quite a demand for installing a double DIN in the 7th gen. I hope you figured out a good way to safely secure the unit to the kit.
I could but this progect has been so time consuming, it alot of fabrication and to get in to fit flush to the vehicle is a pain cause you have to make room for the extra space. but i will post the pics up shortly for those who want to see the project from jump