Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

03 Steering wheel audio control problem

Old 10-27-2007, 09:54 PM
cttech
Unregistered
Default 03 Steering wheel audio control problem

I have an 03 V6 EX Accord, and a question I am hoping someone can shed some light on. For the last couple of weeks, when I attempt to change the volume, with the steering wheelcontrols, the station changes on the radio. Seems like maybe a misalligned switch or something. I brought it in for 75K service today and mentioned this to the Honda tech. We have extended Honda Care coverage on the vehicle, but the tech says there is a good chance it won't be a covered issue and wants to charge a $100 diag fee. I left it at hold off, and just do the 75k services, along with addressing the slow drivers side power window issues I have been having for a while. My questions, should I call them back and ask it be looked at in hopes it's covered by warranty? Should I try and fix it myself? Has anyone else ever had a similar issue?
Thanks in advance,
CTtech

Old 10-27-2007, 10:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 03 Steering wheel audio control problem

what doesnt your warranty cover?

as far as the slow windows, you probaly just need to lubricate the tracks.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:17 PM
cttech
Unregistered

What's not covered? That's a good, and my, question. The tech also said the same about the window, not too worried about that one.
CTtech

Old 10-27-2007, 10:28 PM

why cant you answer that question? you must have gotten a copy of the declarations with the warranty...

Old 10-27-2007, 10:34 PM
cttech
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: smaglik

why cant you answer that question? you must have gotten a copy of the declarations with the warranty...
I wish it were that cut and dry. I do have the coverage and it does not directly say anything about steering wheel controls. It does say manual and electriclly operated switches are covered. I was in a hurry when I dropped it off this afternoon (had to get to work) and didn't have the time to question the tech on coverage. I am asking here first. If you don't know, no big deal. I will be questioning the actual coveage with the dealer, but hoped to have some further info to bring to the discussion.
Thanks for the reponses,
CTtech

Old 10-27-2007, 10:37 PM

seems cut and dry. put your b*tching hat on, and go town! haha.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:21 AM

Did it just start doing this or since day one?