Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

06 Navi into and 05 Ex-l

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Talking 06 Navi into and 05 Ex-l

Hey guys,
I got my accord 3 months ago and im LOVING IT. I've put 15k on it since then. Before my ACCORD, I had American cars and SUV and a Pick up truck. Looks like I finally found the good things in life.

Anyhow, I have the complete access to a minimally crashed 06 Accord with Navi. Its at a shop and it has been there for 2 years. The owner never picked it up after he was locked up and is completing his sentence of five years-at least that's what I think.

I saw the car and thought it was going to be fixed. To my surprise, they are slowly tearing it apart (they got a lien on it)... I saw a change to upgrade my Ex-l with dual climate control. The guys there are willing to give me the Head unit Dvd case and the GPS antenna, and the end parts of the connectors, but don't necessarily want to tear the car up yet to take the wiring out.

Now, I am wondering if I have any options in making this UPGRADE any easier. Ive been reading and it seems to be a pretty difficult upgrade. Ive read somewhere that the whole dashboard needs to be changed out and what not...I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck or has any suggestions as to how I should go about getting all the necessary equipment out of that Navi car and into my (i hope) soon to be Navi'ed WHHHHHHip.

I'd hate to let this opportunity pass as it seems as good as a find as I can find.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this and guide me in any directions or straight up assist me. I will continue learning in the mean time.

Serge.

Last edited by Cepanca09; 05-18-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a neat project. If there is a will, there is a way. I do not know the answer to your question, but i am interested in the solution. If you do find a solution, please share it with us. Hopefully, someone will chime in.