Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2002 accord compustar alarm

Old 11-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2002 accord compustar alarm

i got a compustar 2w901r-ss alarm/keyless entry/remote starter installed, now before when i had the factory honda keyless entry if a door was open or trunk was open the alarm wouldn't arm even if you tried to with the remote. Now with this new compustar it lets me arm whether the trunk is open or doors are open it would still arm. Is this suppose to be like this? i am not sure is why i am asking. This is a 2 way and my understanding is it should tell me which doors are open when i am trying to arm it. And as of now it arms the alarm even when the doors are open. The guy that put it in tells me its suppose to be like that and to make sure the doors are closed but i dont find that to be right. I think it should tell me which doors are open when i am trying to arm it rather than just go ahead and arm it. With the doors being open.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

sounds like you don't have the door triggers wired into the alarm. you need to intercept door trigger wiring and should also have hood pin wiring so the car won't start with the hood open.

if you arm with doors open the alarm should fail to arm and should indicate the fault condition.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - HONDA / ACCORD / 2001 / Remote Start

12volts white + ignition harness
Starter black/white + ignition harness
Notes: If doing starter kill, must interrupt the wire between the keyswitch and the fusebox, not between the fusebox and the starter, to keep the check engine light from coming on.
Second Starter N/A
Ignition black/yellow + ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory yellow + ignition harness
Second Accessory white/black + ignition harness
Keysense
Power Lock black/blue - passenger side fuse box
Notes: in a green 20 pin connector.
Use black/white for lock and green/red for unlock on LX models without factory security. These wires are located in a two pin gray connector by the front of the drivers side fuse box.
Power Unlock orange - passenger side fuse box
Notes: in a green 20 pin connector.

Use black/white for lock and green/red for unlock on LX models without factory security. These wires are located in a two pin gray connector by the front of the drivers side fuse box.
Lock Motor white/red driver side fuse box
Unlock Motor driver side fuse box
Notes: yellow on the EX and lt. green/red on the LX
Parking Lights+ red/black driver side fuse box
Parking Lights- red/yellow steering column
Notes: Only available on the EX model.
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Reverse Light green/black + driver side fuse box
Door Trigger black/white - passenger side fuse box
Notes: In a green 4 pin connector.
Dome Supervision use door trigger
Trunk/Hatch Pin orange - drivers kick panel
Notes: Above the hood release in a gray 18 pin connector. On the DX & LX models, also found in a 2 pin connector behind the drivers fuse box.
Hood Pin yellow/red or yellow - hood pin switch or
Notes: On the EX models it is in a green plug next to the passenger side fuse box. On the LX models it is at the keyless/security unit, if equipped, which is attached to the driver side underdash panel.
Trunk/Hatch Release white/red + drivers kick panel
Power Sliding Door
Factory Alarm Arm
Notes: Arms and disarms with the door locks on the EX models. The LX models arm only with the factory transmitter.
Factory Alarm Disarm
Notes: Arms and disarms with the door locks on the EX models. The LX models arm only with the factory transmitter.
Disarm No Unlock blue -
Notes: On the EX the wire is located at the drivers power window switch, on the LX the wire is at the keyless/security unit which is attached to the drivers underdash panel.
Tachometer blue tach test connector
Notes: The tach test connector is located behind the battery on the 4 cylinder, and on a bracket attached to the drivers side strut tower on the 6 cylinder motor. The tach test connector is a white 2 pin connector, and may be covered by a black rubber boot.
Wait to start
Brake Wire white/black + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake
Horn Trigger lt. green/blue - steering column
Memory Seat 1
Memory Seat 2
Memory Seat 3
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Transponder
Part #: 556HW
Alternate Part1 #: 555U
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part3 #: DesignTech 29402
Alternate Part4 #: 556UW
Alternate Part5 #: 555H
Notes:

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.