Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2002 Accord EX Aftermarket Audio Setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 10:58 AM
Default 2002 Accord EX Aftermarket Audio Setup

I apologize in advance for my little knowledge when it comes to these types of things!

i have a 2002 Accord EX with 6 speakers. Head unit and all speakers appear to be factory. I bought this car as a commuter to keep miles off my primary vehicle. The audio is atrocious and I don’t care all that much since it’s just a work vehicle but it would make the drive a little better if I had something a little better.

I’m definitely going to replace the head unit first, as from my research this is the first step. I want to be able to listen to audio from my iPhone X via Bluetooth and have the ability to plug in via USB for audio and charging. Those are really the big 2 things I’m looking for in the head unit.

As far as speakers, I want to change eventually depending on price. Just not sure the best route. I’ve read different forums and have found people that have installed 2-way coaxials in the front doors and somehow disconnected the dash tweeters all together and then out 3-ways in the rear deck. I have also seen people that have put component speakers in the door and replaced the tweeters with some DIY involvement to get the aftermarket tweeters in the dash and then replace the rear deck as well. I’m not sure what the best route is.

I’m not looking for absolutely stunning sound quality just something that’s a little more crisp and clear than I currently have. I also don’t want to put in a sub.

thank you so much for your help!