Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord loses speed dial list

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 06:48 AM

My vehicle is a 6 Speed Automatic EX V-6 w/Leather & Navigation. I have a 64GB iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.4. The database software version for my vehicle is Ver.ST001.00.02. The software version for my vehicle is Ver.1.00.2022. I am also losing my speed dial list. As an experiment yesterday, I did not add any voice tags to any entries. Not sure if that is contributing to a software glitch or not, but it's something I can try.

Update 9/21/2013: I have not lost my speed dial list since 7/26/2013. My contacts were imported without voice tags.

Last edited by rcsportpilot; 09-21-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I have not been doing voice tags, have a lot of trouble doing them, and with out tags I still lose my speed dails.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:46 PM

Took my car to the dealer for the oil change, and asked about the speed dial problem. Service writer had not heard of the problem and not really interested in helping me. I called Honda Technical Support in California and spoke with Brian who confirmed what whgaunt was told 2 months ago: they are aware of the problem and are working on it. The fix will be released in a software upgrade at some unspecified time in the future. He said the only way I could find out about it is to either check back with them or with the dealer every so often. What...they can't just email me since they know I have the issue? They manage to contact me for just about everything else via email. Geez.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Default Losing Speed Dialing

I have had my Accord about three weeks now. Love it. However, I have entered a Speed Dialing List about three times now and lose it within a day. Ease of use is not as good as my 2008 Odyssey Touring. I see most of these posts were earlier this year and I see no solution! Is Honda still working on the problem?

Old 09-20-2013, 06:49 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2013 Accord Speed Dail

Honda called me this week and asked questions about the problem. They are still telling me that they know about it and are working on it. Not time frame on when it will be fixed.

On a side note last week I unpaired my phone, a S4 Galaxy (Verizon) and repaired it. And so far my speed dail is still there, and the text message reader is working.

Now when I say unpair I mean I removed the phone listing from the Accord all together and also removed the Accord from the phone. Then I repaired it.

Time will tell if everything will keep working.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Speed Dial and Text

Well it did not last, today the car lost the speed dial numbers and my text message reading stopped working.

It is in Honda's hands now, PLEASE FIX THIS.

I hope that Honda is reading all this. Paid $37,000 for this Accord with opitions and this is just crazy that this is not working.

Last edited by whgaunt; 10-03-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Smile Speed Dial

I talked with a tech support rep at Honda last week and he said they were aware of it and working on it. He said we SHOULD (not would) be notified when there is a "fix". He said to keep checking with the local dealer. I lost mine three times before I stopped input. I now dial by saying last name first and that works except it does not always understand my Southern drawl!

Old 10-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Default Tried unpairing also

I unpaired my phone from the car and vice versa, entered a few speed dials, and they stuck around for a couple of days and vanished. They lasted through 3 engine starts and stops. You're right...paid a truckload of money for this car, and an important feature isn't working. Oh, and neither is text messaging, but that may be related to my older iPhone 4. Grrrr.....

Old 12-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Speed Dail problems

So I finally got fed up with the speed dial problem and took my car to thedealer to have them check it out.

The first thing that the service person told me was that I have Verizon andthat was my first problem. Then they checked the car and told me that thefirmware in the car was up to date. But that my phone needed an update.

The dealers are so full of BS that it is a wonder they get any work from anyone.

So I have done the phone up date and put my speed dial numbers back into the car. Let’s wait and see how long before they drop out.

Last edited by whgaunt; 12-31-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:02 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Speed Dial

Dec 31, and I had to re-enter my speed dial information. So the phone update was not the problem.

The problem is Honda's firmware.

Lets all take a guess at what year they will fix this, and see who wins.

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord loses speed dial list