Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord loses speed dial list

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

1. Does your car have navigation? If so, there is a navigation software update to fix various bugs, which includes a fix for a bug in which the HFL deletes saved speed dial information and voice tags.

2. Even if you don't have navigation, check with the dealer regarding a software update, as there's been some other software updates.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Default About to miss my July 2014 prediction

It's a good thing I didn't put money on my prediction back in January on when Honda would fix the speed dial problem. July is almost over and the only change is the growing number of people who report the same problem. All other electronics working fine, no complaints otherwise.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by redbull-1
1. Does your car have navigation? If so, there is a navigation software update to fix various bugs, which includes a fix for a bug in which the HFL deletes saved speed dial information and voice tags.

2. Even if you don't have navigation, check with the dealer regarding a software update, as there's been some other software updates.
Originally Posted by Emor20
It's a good thing I didn't put money on my prediction back in January on when Honda would fix the speed dial problem. July is almost over and the only change is the growing number of people who report the same problem. All other electronics working fine, no complaints otherwise.
Honda Service Bulletin 14-019, April 22, 2014

Vehicles With Navigation: Audio Turns Off After Using HFL, No Sound/Static in Rear Headphones, and Other Listed Issues

SYMPTOM
The vehicle may have one or more of the following software bugs:
• When in the XM mode, the audio unit turns off after making an HFL call.
• There is no sound or there is static in the rear headphones (both wired and wireless).
• When in XM mode, the XM radio information on the center display does not match the touch screen.
• The info/setting screen flashes after using LaneWatch.
• The HFL deletes saved speed dial information and voice tags.
• The audio-navigation system reboots when a customer’s CD is inserted.
• The HFL system reboots when trying to place a call using a name that contains a non-alphanumeric character.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Update the navigation system with the USB update device.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Default Oops! But does it fix it?

Sorry, I saw "navigation" and ignored the rest. Fortunately I haven't experienced any of the symptoms listed but if the software upgrade solves the speed dial issue then YAY! And thanks for the details that I can show my local dealer! I'm interested to know if anyone has tried the upgrade with success? And another question is, if this was released in April, why hasn't Honda sent out a notice, particularly to the people who have contacted them directly? Mostly rhetorical...why ask why.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Speed Dail Numbers

I have an appointment for 09-01-14 to get the update. We'll see if it works.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Default I think it's mostly fixed!

I went to the Honda dealer with a screen shot of the update shown in this thread from redbull-1. The service manager at first denied there was an update, then asked if I had an iPhone 5 (you're really going to go there again?). Finally convinced him to run the update even though it's a fix to the navigation. Picked up my car and immediately tried importing speed dials from contacts. They were gone at next start up. So I manually entered a few and...A Miracle!...8 days later and they're still there! Hope I haven't jinxed it but I believe they fixed it.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Firmware Update

Had mine updated yesterday afternoon. Now just wait and see what happens. Update took 40 minutes.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

you all have been very patient. thank you for documenting the issue here.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:37 AM
Default 10 days

Originally Posted by whgaunt
Had mine updated yesterday afternoon. Now just wait and see what happens. Update took 40 minutes.
It has been 10 days since I had mine updated. So far so good. It took about 45 minutes.