Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2013 Accord loses speed dial list

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 01:49 PM

Okay it's a new year full of promise and optimism! I'll go out on a limb and predict Honda will get their act together and fix this by July 2014.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:51 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Speed Dialing

Great prediction, but lets not hold our breath. By then the car would have been out a year and a half. Not a good track record.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Speed Dial

I emailed Honda again, think that I will email them every month just to let them know that the problem is still there.

But today I got a phone call from them. They said that the Samsung Galaxy S4 text messaging is still not compatable with the car. They said that Honda is working on it.

For the speed dialing problem they said that I should start the car and wait ontill the blue tooth has fully connected before taking the car out of park. And that this should fix the speed dial problem.

I will try this and see if it works. It might take a few weeks to test this.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:09 AM

I'll try that as well. But it's a temporary work-around at best. It's already maddening to wait for the disclaimer message to disappear before the display sets to normal, then the phone does its pairing thing. About 1 in 10 starts the phone doesn't pair at all and I don't notice until I attempt to make a call. I assume the speed dial list will be lost when that happens. What email address do you use? I'll start contacting Honda too if that will keep this on their priority list.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:16 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default speed dial

Two days. Two days is all I got before the speed dial numbers dropped out.

That did not work, next.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:35 PM

Anything new on the faulty speed dial front? It is becoming so frustrating to have to re-enter phone numbers every few days. It may seem like a minor matter but it is a feature that helped sell me on an otherwise very nice car...

Old 04-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Speed Dail

Nothing new, Honda told me the last time that I talked to them that whenthey get a fix that they would mail a notice out.

I have stop putting numbers into the car and have given up on Honda ever doing anything about fixing this.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Default losing phone list, etc.

We have a 2013 Honda Accord and 1st problem was with a badly programmed #1 Key. (we hope)....our car would not unlock and other things associated with the Electronic system. Honda dealer had lost our #1 key before delivery and gave us another one that they had to program at the dealership. they never could figure it out and I finally told them to change out the #1 key. So far it has been 2+ weeks with no problems. And this is one where Honda knows about it and doesn't know why. Now, my wife gets a new iphone. Goes from a iphone 4 which worked just fine in voice dialing from the phone list to an iphone 5 which isn't worth 2 cents. Like all of you, program the phone list in and then it disappears. I'm bout ready to tell Honda to give me a new car. I want to hear all your stories.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:26 PM

what is Honda's email address? Phone # also. Let me know

Old 07-13-2014, 02:33 PM

I'm tired of buying stuff that doesn't work. Why I ever thought that the word HONDA would be better than the word CHEVROLET I just don't know. C'mon Honda, lets get this fixed now..............

Quick Reply: 2013 Accord loses speed dial list