Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

4 ch amp with line out converter install

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 07:57 AM
Talking 4 ch amp with line out converter install

Whats up yall
Im in the process of upgrading my entire stereo system keeping the head unit stock
So far this is what i have
Everything pioneer
2 front componet speakers with tweeters and crossovers
2 rear coaxial speakers
1 12" sub
2 amps one 4 ch and one mono
LC6i converter

My big question is how is the best way to install the lc6i thanks

Old 07-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

answered in the PM

Old 07-18-2013, 06:30 PM

After I read KHA's 30 some odd page system install thread several times, I decided to get back into the car stereo arena because the factory sound system in the Accord is pathetic at it's very best. Now, mind you I haven't been in the car stereo game since about 2000. Things have changed a bit since then. I have the 05 Accord EX-L with Navigation and XM radio. I didn't want to remove all that, and I surely wasn't going to buy a $200 kit to boot. The main reason for the audio upgrade for me was that in my job, I spend upwards of 10 hours a day in my car. I had to have a Honda in order to simply blend in, as no one really notices a grey Honda passing them several times a day they are so common.

In the end, I went with the following, which was very cost effective;
Factory head unit
PAC AOEM-HON20 adaptor with RCA outs (plug-n-play no cut harness)
USA Spec PA15-HON2 iPod and 3.5mm input (plug-n-play no cut harness)
Rockford Fosgate R250-4 250 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier
Polk DB6501 Component System
XScorpion Digital Platinum Power Distribution Block
Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit
Boss KIT-10 Complete 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit
Dual SBP8A 160 Watts Single 8-Inch Powered Sub

Now, I'm not competing for any records, but I have a far superior system than the factory one, and it wasn't much of an investment at under $500. I did all the wiring and fab work myself. I will say, that Boss KIT-10 4 gauge install kit is NOT 4 gauge. It's more like 8 with really thick insulation. The KIT-2 is just normal 8 with normal insulation. The highest costs associated with this work was the PAC and USA Spec adaptors. They totaled about $175. I probably could have done without the Distribution block, but it was only $28 and I like having the little Volt readout. The Fosgate amp was the single best buy in my opinion. It was $103. The gain is turned down to almost the minimum and performance is great for a budget system. The dual powered sub I had used in the past, and honestly I have never had much respect for Dual products, however these little subs are a bargain these days. $89 at Fry's with the built in amp. I have one in the wife's Jeep and it has been going strong for over 3 years.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by stang99x
After I read KHA's 30 some odd page system install thread several times, I decided to get back into the car stereo arena because the factory sound system in the Accord is pathetic at it's very best.
Glad my efforts inspire. the sheer amount of work i've done usually discourages people!

I'm changing most everything again soon. always striving for sonic nirvana.

Budget systems are very easty to achieve. I just bought a mint Alpine MRV-F405 amp, made in Japan, mid 90's, active capable, great SQ. And a MRV-1005 for $85 that could run subs or midbass (in my 3-way active application). two awesome amps with over a grand retail in the min 90's for basically a song. Gotta love deals!

Speakers can be budget also. Parts Express and Madisound can sound great when ran active (with the amps above) $150 in speakers and $185 in amps and the equipment is competition worthy (after a hundred hours of install).

in the end, how good the system sounds depends not on how much you spend in gear, but how much time and effort is spent trying to get a car to sound like a living room and getting hollow metal doors to behave and sound like rigid wood enclosures.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
Glad my efforts inspire. the sheer amount of work i've done usually discourages people!

I'm changing most everything again soon. always striving for sonic nirvana.

Budget systems are very easty to achieve. I just bought a mint Alpine MRV-F405 amp, made in Japan, mid 90's, active capable, great SQ. And a MRV-1005 for $85 that could run subs or midbass (in my 3-way active application). two awesome amps with over a grand retail in the min 90's for basically a song. Gotta love deals!

Speakers can be budget also. Parts Express and Madisound can sound great when ran active (with the amps above) $150 in speakers and $185 in amps and the equipment is competition worthy (after a hundred hours of install).

in the end, how good the system sounds depends not on how much you spend in gear, but how much time and effort is spent trying to get a car to sound like a living room and getting hollow metal doors to behave and sound like rigid wood enclosures.
LOL. I've never been one to back down from an auto related challenge, though most of my work is under the hood these days. Back in the 90's my thought train was simple. It either had to be fast with an exhaust tune that I could listen to as music, or had to have a stereo that could potentially cause permenant hearing damage! I remember one old boy I knew, he had a Mustang Hatchback that when his subs hit, you couldn't physically swallow. It was awesome. I don't think I'd ever go quite the distance you have, though I'd gladly help a friend that decided to. I've spent my time cutting and welding, but most of that was removing rust and adding new quarters. I admire your efforts. It takes a certain level of comittment to do all that, and most don't have it.

Talking about that old 90's stuff.....it's kinda funny seeing some of it on eBay. From time to time the old stuff sells for more than the new does. I loved my old Fosgate stuff. I loved my old JL 12 W6 series speakers. But I also used PPI, Clarion, Phoenix Gold, etc. They just don't make'em like they used to!

Old 07-20-2013, 07:41 PM

LOL. I've never been one to back down from an auto related challenge, though most of my work is under the hood these days. Back in the 90's my thought train was simple. It either had to be fast with an exhaust tune that I could listen to as music, or had to have a stereo that could potentially cause permenant hearing damage! I remember one old boy I knew, he had a Mustang Hatchback that when his subs hit, you couldn't physically swallow. It was awesome. I don't think I'd ever go quite the distance you have, though I'd gladly help a friend that decided to. I've spent my time cutting and welding, but most of that was removing rust and adding new quarters. I admire your efforts. It takes a certain level of comittment to do all that, and most don't have it.

Talking about that old 90's stuff.....it's kinda funny seeing some of it on eBay. From time to time the old stuff sells for more than the new does. I loved my old Fosgate stuff. I loved my old JL 12 W6 series speakers. But I also used PPI, Clarion, Phoenix Gold, etc. They just don't make'em like they used to!
So true, the early 90's gear was some of the best! I used to do a lot of custom instals back then, and the choices were plenty.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:42 PM

What year are you working with?

Old 07-20-2013, 07:42 PM

After I read KHA's 30 some odd page system install thread several times, I decided to get back into the car stereo arena because the factory sound system in the Accord is pathetic at it's very best. Now, mind you I haven't been in the car stereo game since about 2000. Things have changed a bit since then. I have the 05 Accord EX-L with Navigation and XM radio. I didn't want to remove all that, and I surely wasn't going to buy a $200 kit to boot. The main reason for the audio upgrade for me was that in my job, I spend upwards of 10 hours a day in my car. I had to have a Honda in order to simply blend in, as no one really notices a grey Honda passing them several times a day they are so common.

In the end, I went with the following, which was very cost effective;
Factory head unit
PAC AOEM-HON20 adaptor with RCA outs (plug-n-play no cut harness)
USA Spec PA15-HON2 iPod and 3.5mm input (plug-n-play no cut harness)
Rockford Fosgate R250-4 250 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier
Polk DB6501 Component System
XScorpion Digital Platinum Power Distribution Block
Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit
Boss KIT-10 Complete 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit
Dual SBP8A 160 Watts Single 8-Inch Powered Sub

Now, I'm not competing for any records, but I have a far superior system than the factory one, and it wasn't much of an investment at under $500. I did all the wiring and fab work myself. I will say, that Boss KIT-10 4 gauge install kit is NOT 4 gauge. It's more like 8 with really thick insulation. The KIT-2 is just normal 8 with normal insulation. The highest costs associated with this work was the PAC and USA Spec adaptors. They totaled about $175. I probably could have done without the Distribution block, but it was only $28 and I like having the little Volt readout. The Fosgate amp was the single best buy in my opinion. It was $103. The gain is turned down to almost the minimum and performance is great for a budget system. The dual powered sub I had used in the past, and honestly I have never had much respect for Dual products, however these little subs are a bargain these days. $89 at Fry's with the built in amp. I have one in the wife's Jeep and it has been going strong for over 3 years.

What year are you working on?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ElGooch
What year are you working on?
It's in your quote, but 2005 Accord EX-L with navigation and XM.