Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

AMP

Old 06-01-2006, 01:27 AM
Default AMP

THIS SHOULD BE EASY FOR YOU FORUMERS.....

I WANT TO PUT AN AMP FOR A SUB IN THE TRUNK SHOUD I
A. JUMP FROM THE REAR SPEAKER WIRES OR
B. GO FROM THE RADIO WITH THE RCA PLUGS AND TRY TO FIND THEM...

HELP.[>:]

Old 06-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Default RE: AMP

In honda's it really doesnt matter where you catch the signal for the Line Out Converter (LOC). Either behind the radio or at the rear speakers is fine. An advantage to catching the signal behind the radio is if you are planning on installing an aftermarket radio later on that has sub controls. This way all you have to do when replacing the radio is plug in the rca's to the deck and not have to run them from the rear of the car. In MOST cases, the only time you have to catch the signal for an LOC behind the radio is when the vehicle has a factory amp in it.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:07 AM

ok, how hard is it to find the rca's on the back of the radio, and how hard is it to pull everthing down to get to it.

Thanks,

Old 06-04-2006, 01:37 AM

If you plan on keeping the factory head unit, i would catch the signal off of the rear speakers. If you plan on upgrading to an aftermarket deck later on down the road, i would catch the signal for the LOC behind the radio off of the rear speaker outputs on the harness behind the radio. I say this because if you upgrade to an aftermarket deck with sub controls, all you have to do is unplug the rca's from the LOC that was behind the radio and plug them into the new aftermarket one. There are no factory rca outputs on the factory radio and i have not ever seen this on any factory radio in my whole install career. This is what the LOC is for, to get a signal for an amplifier.

The removal of the deck in this model is not particulary the easiest.
1. Remove the trim around the shifter
2. Remove the fake ashtray and there are 2or 3 screws behind it
3. Pull out the storage pocket...(easiest with the lid open, but still a pain to remove)
4. Remove (2) 8mm screws under the radio towards the rear of it
5. Remove the long panel above the radio (all clips holding it in)
6. Remove (3) phillips screws holding in the top of the radio
7. Remove radio

It sounds much easier than it actually is....the rest of the car is very simple. The side panels just pop off and it is a very easy car to run wires in. There is also a huge gromet to run you power wire through the firewall in, so you don't have to drill any holes. You have to run the wire from inside the vehicle to the under the hood because the gromet is not visible from the outside of the vehicle.

Hope this helps....

Old 06-04-2006, 11:14 AM

I didnt see grommet when i did mine but here is link to post I did. My reply is last one. https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/m_12250/tm.htm

Old 06-06-2006, 12:19 AM

I WILL USE ON AMP. THANKS TO ALL FOR THE HELP!