Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Amp Wire

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 PM
97accordEX
Unregistered
Default Amp Wire

Hello everyone this is my first post on the accord forum.

I was wondering what would be the easiest way to run an amp wire from my battery to the trunk w/out drilling. I drive a 97 accord EX.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Default RE: Amp Wire

I paid some guy at the electronics store to do it for me. I can explain to you what it looks like, but good luck doing it yourself.

There are two wires running from my positive terminal up the left side of the engine bay, then runs right along the firewall. At some point it goes through into the cabin, I think where the drivers feet are. From here I have no idea where they go, but they somehow come out from under my rear benchseat, and goes into the trunk.

Install it right, it's very nice to have organized wires when getting sound equipment like that.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

They should be some existing holes in the firewall, either filled with black rubber grommets or existing wires. That's where you want to run the wire. Then, run it on the drivers side, under the carpet, but on the side (near the door sill) to the back of the car. If you pop off the plastic sills, you'll see how the carpet connect to the body, how to pull it up, and where you can run a wire. There should already be a things of wire about an inch thick running there, just use zip ties and tie it to them.

Make sure you run the RCA audio wire the same way but on the other side of the car. This will help eliminate "white" noise is the system.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:31 AM

This is interesting, Finch. I didn't know you could pull the carpet up like that..

So the power cables run under the carpet to the amp....but where do the amp-to-speaker wires go to? I see they go back under the carpet like the power cables, but the wires that I connect to my speakers are different color than the black wires that run from my amp.

Does the amplifier output go to some kind of relay or something? At some point it switches wires....

Old 11-14-2008, 06:49 AM

in my 01, i used the grommet that was behind the fusebox under the hood, but they could be anywhere. nothing could get through it so i used a knife to make a little hole and ran the wire through, and then under the plastic trim that pops right off. getting it through the backseat was kinda tricky. i let the backseats down and ran it under the seatbelt and then through small seam to the trunk. kinda hard to explain without pictures. tell me if you need some