Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Another backlight issue

Old 06-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Default Another backlight issue

So I have a 2004 accord I4 5 spd with a single disk CD player and traditional heat/AC controls. The back light is out on my radio. Everything else works great. I called American Honda and said my car was not one of the cars under the recall/extended warranty. I have seen the DIY video and even attempted it but he internals were not the same as the video.

So what I'm asking is what are my options? DIY? Factory replacement off eBay? Or aftermarket replacement? I really don't want a aftermarket radio because I like the clean factory look. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

sadly, any OEM replacement may have the same issue, so you are just rolling the dice.

aftermarket will have more features, more reliability, and better overall sound. you can mount them in the lower pocket or get the dash replacement with A/C controls.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by wellman
So I have a 2004 accord I4 5 spd with a single disk CD player and traditional heat/AC controls. The back light is out on my radio. Everything else works great. I called American Honda and said my car was not one of the cars under the recall/extended warranty. I have seen the DIY video and even attempted it but he internals were not the same as the video.

So what I'm asking is what are my options? DIY? Factory replacement off eBay? Or aftermarket replacement? I really don't want a aftermarket radio because I like the clean factory look. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Were you able to get your radio backlight fixed?

Old 04-12-2014, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Yulie
Were you able to get your radio backlight fixed?
No I have not. The problem became intermittent when the temps were below 0 degrees. But now that is warm out it he backlight never works.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by wellman
No I have not. The problem became intermittent when the temps were below 0 degrees. But now that is warm out it he backlight never works.
Hmm, have you discovered a possible solution to the issue? If not, feel free to send me a message through Google Hangouts (Yuleni Pulido), so that we can discuss the issue.