Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Aux Input

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
thanks for sharing.

Clarion FM200 is still available here and there and i've used it. but the FM sections add noise and lower S/N so the approach you took is pure line-level and better overall sound quality.

i have long believed that all stock head units should feature 4-channel RCA outputs. it would be trivial for them to add that. but it would add cost (as if they are complicated in the first place) for the 1% (made up by me) that would ever use them.
I had an account with Audiovox years ago, and they had the same unit. I forget the model number, it was an Audiovox xxxxxx. I could buy them direct for like $17 and they worked pretty good. The only downside was that it didn't act as a charger. I was spoiled by my last car, which was pretty well equipped from the factory. It was a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII that had the factory JBL system. It wasn't blow your doors off great, but it was far superior to what came in this 05 Accord.

I agree with you on the stock ones having RCA's. It wouldn't cost much, and of the small number of people that still change their head units, it could possibly get them to stay with the stock unit for integration purposes. They won't do it though, even if it was only an extra $1 per car.