Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Best Speakers w/ Easiest Install?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Mikesburn
Unregistered
Default RE: Best Speakers w/ Easiest Install?

Hey Guys,
I really like your discussion about the polarity, I have changed a polarity on the left tweater and it puts the voice in the center.

I am trying to add new speakers to the doors using an amplifier and original wiring (cables).

Do any of you know if Honda Accord 2007 has small amplifiers like Bose does? Should I rewire the speakers or can I go ahead and use original wires from the headunit?

I have a stock 6-disk CD changer and it is NOT aBOSE system

I would appreciate your help on that.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Hey Mike ..... this thread is starting to collect dust. I'd recommend that you start a new on titled "need help upgrading stock 07 stereo" and put your car info in your signature. I don't know much about the 07's since I have a 2000, but there are people here that do and they will help you if you post a signature to help them know what they are looking for.

As for MacLeod's polarity switching idea, I haven't tried the tweeter as I was pleased with just changing the woofer, but I'll give it a shot eventually.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Mikesburn

I am trying to add new speakers to the doors using an amplifier and original wiring (cables).

Do any of you know if Honda Accord 2007 has small amplifiers like Bose does? Should I rewire the speakers or can I go ahead and use original wires from the headunit?

I have a stock 6-disk CD changer and it is NOT aBOSE system

I would appreciate your help on that.
Its always best to use aftermarket wire if youre upgrading to an amp. The factory wire is very thin and this adds resistance. If you mount your amp in the trunk, youre looking at nearly 20' of crappy thin OEM wire.

As for OEM amplifiers, Im not much up on Hondas factory stereos but I do know that the Bose system uses amps per speaker. As for the basic 6 disc changer, Im pretty sure it does not have one. I believe the amp is located in the passenger side kick panel so you can always pull it off and see if there is an amp there.

Still, the best way is to upgrade the wire. If youre going to the trouble of adding an amp and better speakers, you might as well do it right all the way.