Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

best subs

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Default best subs

what are the best kind of subs to get as far as sound and durability are concerned
also what are the best to get for the best price

Old 04-15-2007, 02:14 AM
Default RE: best subs

JL audio all the way.. i have herd the low end to the high end of there subs and trust me there really is no low end !! I have 2 12"'s and i love them.. great sound quality.. they are one of the most musical subs out there and they are made to reproduce just about any music you throw at them and will not distort.. if all u want is BOOM BOOM BOOM then i would suggest kicker or memphis but if your going for good quality stick with JL audio !!

Old 04-15-2007, 02:33 AM

which brand of amp should i go with

Old 04-15-2007, 02:40 AM

I have a JL amp as well, kinda pricy but u def get really good quality out of it.. id say best amps would be JL , alpine, Eclipse... Only one i would reccomend not gettin would be a sony explod... the amps and the subs do exactly what the name says ,explode.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:53 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Ive got 2 Volfenhag subs, and an Audiobahn amp. I like them both! Though my subs are competition series, so it isnt the best sound, but for the price I couldnt be happier. Im also happy w/ the amp. There is no way I would buy an amplifier that does not have a built in fan....just my view.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:05 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Forgot to mention that the wiring is important too! It wont hinder quality that much, but if you really know good sound then youll want top wiring too.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:29 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: vtecHef
Only one i would reccomend not gettin would be a sony explod... the amps and the subs do exactly what the name says ,explode.
I dont know about the amps, but I had a 10" Xplode sub... it lasted about a half hour or so, and then blew the voice coil. Since then I have had my Kicker Comp VR, and I love it.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

thats kinda a loaded question because everyone has a different opinion. I had a Kicker KX 1000.1 that burnt out on a 12" audiobahn flame compression sub,put two cheaper subs (12" quantum 750watt rms per sub) on the kicker and the cheaper subs burnt out the kicker which was suppose to be 1ohm stable and it was only running at 3/5th gain. Then I got a Hi Fonics brutus 1200 D and i havent had a problem since. In the end theres no real way to say without a doubt what the best subs or amps are, you just have to look at the application and go with what people have complained the least about ^_^

Old 04-15-2007, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: 02 accord

which brand of amp should i go with
If you dont mind buying used older amps off of ebay, i would look at either Precision Power a600.2 or something like an Orion HCCA 225. The PPI a600 or a600.2 are just monsters!

Old 04-17-2007, 12:24 AM

yeah can you mess an amp up badly because i would like to know what i would be getting off of ebay

my friend has a pioneer GM 5300 T amp thathas 760 max watts on the cover. he is looking to sell it would that be a good amp to buy

also i need a lesson or two on what marbro was talking about with gain ohms andwatts because i dont have a clue what he is talking about

Quick Reply: best subs