Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

best subs

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:44 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: best subs

Volfenhag subs are really cheap and look great. The sound isnt bad and the quality is good too. I have competition subs and each are only about $100. I really like the Audiobahn amp too....got it for about $300 and it has a fan. I would really only consider buying an amp w/ a built in fan to better cool the amplifier. it hits hard too...and they are in a sealed junky generic box. I wonder how they would be in a good one!

I havent had any other subs or amp, but I have been very happy with my setup. Shakes all my mirrors, provides back massages, and hasnt let me down.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: poser_pilot6

So you would recommend Profile amps? I have considered buying one before, because they put out a lot of watts for cheap, but I was afraid they might just be garbage.
What i dont understand is what everyone wants everyting to put out HUGE watts.. i mean i have two JL's with a 350 watt amp and they hit HARD.. my buddy had that same subs with a different amp(500w).. we areneck and neck when it comes to how hard they hit. Plus mine hit much cleaner.. all im trien to say its it most def. not all about power...

Old 05-18-2007, 05:34 PM

Nah, its all about the power. You half to double the power to get a 3 db increase in volume so, youre right that there isnt going to be a big difference between 350 and 500 watts. But, you try a system with 1500 watts and its a HUGE difference!

Power doesnt necessarily mean louder. Its about sound quality. With more power, you get more dynamics and cleaner sound. If I could, Id have 2000 watts on my sub and 150 watts on each tweeter and 150 on each midrange. Again, not for loudness but for quality.

Think about it in cars. Yeah, you dont need 300 HP cause your 120 HP engine pushes you up to 65 mph just fine. However, when you need to pass somebody in a hurry or get out of the way or just want to do a little spirited driving, youll appreciate those extra 180 HP.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:49 PM
localnark
Unregistered

any thing that is straight truck banging

Old 05-18-2007, 10:12 PM

my personal opinion jl audio they have a 12 it costs about a $1000 its 2000 watt max 1000 rms its pricey
my buddy has one and it hits harder than my one buddys system and he has 4 rocksford fosgate p2's

but any jl audio is good
my system is in my signature and there prolly the next best down but i would go with the power series for fosgate stuff i have the punch series

Old 05-18-2007, 10:48 PM

The Rockford Fosgate Power line is just awesome! Definitely cant go wrong with anything from that line.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Honestly the best subs you can get for the money are Kicker Comp VRs. I've had mine for over a year and a half, pounding everyday at max volume for hours. The next set of subs I get WILL be kickers, prolly a Solo X 18" [sm=icon_rock.gif]. They are built the best and sound the best.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:06 AM

I would not go kicker( why are they double and tripple stiched?)... (they blow easy !!)... espically the square crap... i mean if all u wanna hear is thud thud thud then go for it.. they do have bigger cone size due to the fact that they are square, but why have all speakers always been round ?.. Its simple really, sound waves are round so why try to get a sound wave out of a square ? Does not really work... unless of course all you want to do hear thud. In my opionion you cannot get near the crisp soundquality out of a square sub that you could a round one

Old 05-21-2007, 11:30 AM

They're double stitched because subs take a lot of stress, glue just isn't enough. If you break in your subs correclty and do not over power them you won't blow them. How can you say since its designed better it must be worse? Also the shape of the speaker cone has no relation to the shape of the sound waves, more surface area = more SPL.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:50 AM

Not that i dont agree with what you say t00fatt, but stitchinggives me a paranoid feeling because youre adding small tears into something that has the potential to rip, not thathi rollrubber is going to rip or tear easily it can still be chalked up to that paranoia factor

Quick Reply: best subs