Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

best subs

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Default RE: best subs

Orion makes some POWERHOUSE subs. Their H2 line (discontinued this year) is my alltime favorite sub for sheer output!

The Kicker L7 series and even the L5's are also excellent. You see a LOT of them at SPL competitions.

As for amps, MTX, Kicker and Rockford Fosgate are all excellent. Theyre mass marketed so they get poo poo'd by some but that doesnt change the fact that theyre still top notch goods that are built extremely well and far exceed their rated power.

Crossfire is also another good brand. Same deal, powerhouse output and great build quality.

Wiring isnt important at all. In fact its down near the bottom of importance. The only thing that matters is that youre using proper size wiring for your application.

Power wire is power wire. There is no difference other than brand name and price.

Same with speaker wire. Buy the cheapest you can. I use 14 gauge wire from Walmart for $12 for 50'.

RCA cables are a little different. You want quality cables for a good connection, noise rejection and durablility. Thats it. That being said, just pick one of the major brands like Streetwires, Stinger or Tsunami and pick their basic, entry level series and youll be set.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I got a JBL bp1200.1 it puts out 1200 watts at 2 ohm and is 1 ohm stable...I paid 200 bucks new....find em on the 'net for CHEAPPPPP!

had it for about 4 years now and have never had a problem...xcept over powering subs LOL.....

Old 04-19-2007, 11:39 AM

I have always used Infinity, and they have never done me wrong. I have two 12" Kappa perfect subs, and they rock. They are not as loud as some others, but they are very clean and tight sounding. Worth every penny paid. Paired them with an Alpine M500 amp, and they sing.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:58 AM

i would say go JL Audio or ///Alpine i have heard both b4 and they are wicked sounding! as for me i went with Dual and they are doing great so far and were cheaper than those other 2 brands i believe. mine have enough kick for me but at the same time they arent weak either i'm happy with them but for my next pair it will prolly be JL or Alpine

Old 05-09-2007, 10:20 PM

ORIGINAL: accord93

i would say go JL Audio or ///Alpine i have heard both b4 and they are wicked sounding! as for me i went with Dual and they are doing great so far and were cheaper than those other 2 brands i believe. mine have enough kick for me but at the same time they arent weak either i'm happy with them but for my next pair it will prolly be JL or Alpine
hmm mayb a myth but alot of people have told me to NEVER EVER go with dual cause they break right away... anyone else hear/think that?

Old 05-11-2007, 11:07 AM
EkliptStudios
Unregistered

well I cant really say anything about DUEL subs cause ive never used them for myself, but I used to have a Duel CD Deck and I also had a 375 Watt Duel Sub Amp powering 1 12" Polk Sub and I had it for 2 years and never had one problem out of them. I put the amp in my g/f's car also and she never had a problem.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:30 PM

Dual aint the worst stuff in the world but its not what Id go with.

If youre needing budget, entry level stuff, Id take Profile over just about anything. Their stuff is very well made and lives up to their specs.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:10 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

So you would recommend Profile amps? I have considered buying one before, because they put out a lot of watts for cheap, but I was afraid they might just be garbage.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:50 PM

me too. i have heard nothing good about dual. jl audio is definately tops in quality and price. worth it, but if you dont want to spend money you could look into kicker for subs. NOT FOR AMPS. i have an 12" L5 with an infinity amp 1800w. I have had no problems and i'm pleased with the sound. to me it was good sound and quality for affordable pricing. rockford fosqate amps are really nice too but expensive. let me know what you end up going with.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:32 PM

I would absoultely recommend Profile to anyone looking for a good, entry level amp.

Kicker makes decent amps. Theyre built well and they do meet their power ratings but usually dont exceed them by much.

The best "bang for the buck" amps is without a doubt, MTX.

MTX makes some of the most durable and bullet proof amps on the market and their high end line is as good as anything out there. Even their entry level offerings make oodles of power and are very well built. Xtant is my favorite amp brand and theyre owned and built by the same guys that build MTX.

Quick Reply: best subs