Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Bluetooth Audio streaming?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Viper999
So basically all I will need is the Ipod USB Aux adapter that you linked above and a little installation and I will have a working bluetooth audio?
It looks like a cable runs back into the car (Aux port) and then by looking at the diagram of the linked adaptor the only thing left to do is to connect a bluetooth transmitter to the adaptor and it will work. Is this correct?
Also.. Below my stereo doesn't look like yours. I have a large compartment with a door that when pressed goes up.
you have three options,

1. buy an adapter to add functionality to the stock head unit (the Grom adapter). note these head units are known for failure so it may be money wasted later.

2. buy the pocket kit pictured above (replaces the door you have) and buy an aftermarket head unit with all of the features you want.

3. buy a dash mounting kit that includes A/C controls and an aftermarket head unit.

having an aftermarket head unit has many other benefits such as more integration options, better control and display/search functions, better system sound quality, etc.