Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Done with my tunes

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 10:15 AM
gamemaster000
Unregistered
Default RE: Done with my tunes

I'm thinking about going with a setup similar to RTexasF's setup. I have the sub already, and just got a MTX 404 amp off craigslist to power the speakers.

I'm thinking about going with the clean sweep unit, but I have a question. Where did you mount your clean sweep/amp? That pic of your trunk (very clean btw), is that your amp? I'm just trying to get an idea of how I should wire the speakers. I assume all of the stock speaker wires are going to the head unit. Should I plan on running all new wires from the trunk to the speakers?

I have done basic head unit replacements on my cars before, and even installed a sub or two, but never anything this complex.

Also, does the stock head unit have something that can be used as a remote lead (for remote power on for amps and such)? What did you use?

Thanks for any information you can provide on your setup. Looks like you did a very good job.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:17 AM
gamemaster000
Unregistered

BTW Wolf, I'm going with two 12's in my accord. The box can be pushed all the way back in the trunk and I'll still have plenty of trunk space (mostly for golf clubs!).

Old 09-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Almost A Senior Member

I ran my remote from a blank fuse holder under the steering column...the only thing is you have to find one that stays on while the car is running...use a little teo prong spade connector and it fits right in there just like a fuse would..

Old 09-05-2007, 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: gamemaster000

I'm thinking about going with a setup similar to RTexasF's setup. I have the sub already, and just got a MTX 404 amp off craigslist to power the speakers.

I'm thinking about going with the clean sweep unit, but I have a question. Where did you mount your clean sweep/amp? That pic of your trunk (very clean btw), is that your amp? I'm just trying to get an idea of how I should wire the speakers. I assume all of the stock speaker wires are going to the head unit. Should I plan on running all new wires from the trunk to the speakers?

I have done basic head unit replacements on my cars before, and even installed a sub or two, but never anything this complex.

Also, does the stock head unit have something that can be used as a remote lead (for remote power on for amps and such)? What did you use?

Thanks for any information you can provide on your setup. Looks like you did a very good job.
Thank you. My "good job" was signing the credit card voucher to pay the pros that installed everything.They worked with me every step of the way.The Clean Sweep is somewhere up in the dash and yes, that's the amp in the trunk. Im sorry I simply don't know how it is all hooked up.......which is why I pay a pro rather than screw everything up on my own and pay more for them to rescue me.

This was all done piecemeal over a period of three years as I could afford it. Sure, I'd like more low end but a usable trunk was my toppriority so a quickly removable self contained sub was the best answer. In other words....compromise.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:11 PM
et1ssrossgt
Unregistered

Looks great and I'm sure it sounds great, congrats.