Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Door auto Locks after ignition

Old 07-10-2006, 06:25 PM
dphan2k1
Unregistered
Default Door auto Locks after ignition

Dear All,
i searched previous threads here but could not find an answer to this, hence posting new request. TIA.
We have a 2000 Accord 4 Dr with remote start (add-on).
The quirk with this is that as soon as you turn the key and start the car, all doors will auotmatically lock.
Its maddening to have left the door ajar and stepped out to find it slam shut behind you with the car running and you on the outisde!
Anyway, I was hoping if the wise pundits here can point me to a way to disable the "autolock" feature for the power doors.
Thanks much,
~Neel

Old 07-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Door auto Locks after ignition

Hi New member,
Welcome to the forums...

I had that very same problem on two of my remote start cars before...it was remedied by me taking both my cars back (at different times) to the Big Fat Stereo Shop that installed them.
Whatever they did I don't know..but again whatever they did to the cars...they both now work well.

Not much Help here..but a Warm Welcome just the same...

WheelbrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-11-2006, 12:52 AM

First off, what kind of alarm is it?
All of the alarms made by DEI (Directed Electronics Inc.) (ex: Viper, Python, Clifford, Hornet, Sidewinder.....) are set up for the locks to lock when the key is turned to the ignition position, and to unlock when the vehicle is turned from the ignition position. There is a way to change this on DEI alarms. If you know who installed the alarm, then bring it back to then and tell them to turn off the ignition locks feature. If you installed it yourself, the look in the install/owners manual for something related to this. Then all you will have to do is locate you valet button and follow the procedures to turn off the ignition locks feature. Let me know with any further questions.....

P. S. If you dont know who installed it, try passing by an install shop to see if they can take a look at it for you. At Best Buy we do this all the time, but have to charge a small fee...

Old 07-11-2006, 08:04 PM
dphan2k1
Unregistered

THanks for the B i G Welcome Mod!!!!
JT - this install was done in IL and we have since moved to NJ - its been 2 years. Its just when you occasionally get locked out that you start fuming and try to think of ways to fix it.
I shall get underneath and see if I can figure out the box/manufacturer and also google for the manuals. Will post my findings here.
Thanks much!

Old 07-12-2006, 12:06 AM
dphan2k1
Unregistered

ok - went down and found the unit in just a few - its convieniently shoved into a jumble of wires on the left panel above the brakes. Was installed by Best buy on Golf Rd in Schaumburg, IL.
Its a "Your Valet 552T", paired with a 555U transponder. I also searched and downloaded the 552T manual. I didn't find the valet button/switch in the car though, so maybe they didn't put in the button (even though part of the kit?).

So what options do I have to program this to turn off active lock (Acutally turn off "Passive locking" as per manual)? The manual itself does not help much as it does not give codes for programming the 552T (e.g. number of times to press the valet button) - maybe its the same as other viper of clifford models. Any guidance on this will be appreciated.
[sm=thanx.gif]
TIA

Old 07-12-2006, 01:20 AM
dphan2k1
Unregistered

Aw rite then - found the 552T "Installation Guide" which is the actual manual htat tells you how to program the thing- 552T installation Guide.
also discovered theat Best Buy hasd done a pretty good job - tracing the blue connection from the CPU box led me to the left side fuse panel on the Acford which conveniently held both the Valet button as well as the LED so it was darn easy to program.
followed the instructions for Menu 1-3 in the manual and lo - the dorr does not auto lock anymore!! yea!.
wish I had found this a year agon in the winter
Anyway- Thanks all for the help - closing thread.